Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen the latest cadillac DTS with the LED tail lamps? I loved em. So ive been working on this project for a little while now and have finally perfected it, the mounting of the leds and re-sealing of the plastics was the hardest part, Ill post some pics as soon as i have time. theyre pretty sweet, a little labor intesive, but theyre worth it. They look stock from the outside when off, but in each there is about 100 leds. They can be made into designs. Theyre incredibly bright, and totally change the look at night especially, the reverse lights are white LEDs. Ive done the front corners before already in white LEDs. Anyone interested in making thier own?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
pics, please!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, i will post pics as soon as i take em, ive already done footwell (light up the floor board on driver and pass sides) leds that are on the same circuit as the dome light, im using a timer unit from a BMW for the fade on-off effect. im using leds in the climate control system, they look sweet, super bright. im also working on guage cluster lighting using leds

·
Registered
294 Posts
100 leds per light? that's a lot of leds, i'm not certain on the price but wouldn't that be really pricey. i would definately like to see though. they must be really bright when lit!
-ken

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
when i first started looking into the project, i went to fry's looking for leds and the prices. when i saw they were so spendy, i pretty much trashed the idea. couple of months later, I went into a dollar store and stumbled upon LED flashlights with 3 leds in each one, for $1 each, i bought em out taking all of them, which was 93. Then i de-soldered all the LEDs out of the flashlights. ended up with just under 300 of them

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
JAYGOTBOOST said:
Wow those are some nice LED's ............ :smile:
At this point I'm delusional and imagining pictures of these tails ...... :zoinks:

I was like oh shit he postd pics...then I read the rest of your post. BOOOOOOO!!! hahaha

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
I know exactly how you feel...I used to work from 230pm to 730am a lot in the ER just covering shifts for people. Id be seeing semi trucks in front of me when there was actually nothing!!! I also saw a family of Rottweilers running across the freeway one night as well...I knew I shouldnt havebeen driving then. yeah those days werent fun hahaha

sorry for the off topicness....

post some pics!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ill post pics here when i get them all taken, sorry for the delay, but its hard for me to find time, im a busy guy, but im in the process of taking them apart so you can all see exactly how they work and go together, that way you all can build your own. the system has some relays and stuff involved, so ill post pics with a write up on how-to as soon as i get a chance.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts