Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when ever i slow down the left hand side brake set up makes a strange clacking noise,only if i brake softly...braking hard eliminates the noise...... i recently changed the rotor and brake pads the rotor(powerslot).....the mechanic said the pad was warped....which it was...changed the pad same situation....help.... is it a warped rotor...loose caliper/bad caliper......bad brakes.... ?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Make sure the anti rattle clips are installed. The pads should not be loose in the slots they run in, but rather should be snug. It also may be a loose caliper. Make sure the caliper bracket to axle attachment bolts are tight, and the caliper to caliper bracket attachment bolts are tight. Did you forget to reattach the emergency brake hardware?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
driver side brake prob

a mechanic did the work notice how i said "a mechanic"......but ill go at it again to check...its been raining dwn here so getting a chance to wrk on the car has been a no-go...IM REALLY HATING FIXING THIS CAR.......I HAD 2 RX7(GEN 2) AND THOSE SHITS GAVE ME ENDLESS STRESS.I wont let the g20 do it to me.....i wonder whats next....(i think its my tranny)....but if i look at it this way the car is 11-12 yrs old,143,000miles,im the 2nd owner.....and i neglected the car for a good 7 mos only doing oil changes.......so things happen.....it may even be my rotor...a friend siad it may need to be resurfaced .....that i dont understand,because the rotor is brandnew.......but in my reSEARCH the rotor my be the culprit.

·
Registered
411 Posts
it's theoretically possible to warp a rotor by heating them up to a very high temp- with lots of hard braking over a short time- and then going through a puddle which cools them down quickly. metals don't like rapid temperature changes, and can warp as a result. On a separate note, do you notice the clacking sound when you're rolling and not on the brakes?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should i resurface

when the car is cold,there is no noise....as the breaking begins the noise gets louder and louder......thats y it cant be a loose caliper...tight cold,loose hot?......what i will do is heat it up(drive and brake) then take the wheel off to take a look....but if the rotor is touching the caliper...should i resuface?and if it isnt touching then what....help homies......

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
resurface

no shaking....just that loud ass noise ......and the fact u can tell theres a specific spot thats causing the noise ...if i come to a creep applying little pressure to the brake u here it....

·
Registered
411 Posts
i think if it were warped you would feel a vibration when braking at high speeds too. here's a shot in the dark- is it possible your brake hoses aren't clipped in properly? Have you had someone outside the car listen and pinpoint exactly where it's coming from?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts