139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No more hiding in shame when asked what I drive. Bye Bye
S-10. All I need is a tranny, and my '93 five speed is on the road.:bandit:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How do I tell if it has a LSD or not? Also, what is a good compession number? I am kinda planning to put in a JDM SR20 since it has 173,000 miles on it, but if I don't have to I can put the money towards pulleys, a CAI, and headers.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
inkorekt said:
How do I tell if it has a LSD or not?
This has been debated on the main SE-R list a while back. However the FSM states that you need to jack up the front of the car and by hand spin one wheel in the forward direction (doubt it really matters) if the other wheel spins the same way you have LSD if not it's either burned out or you don't have it.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
G-Forces said:

This has been debated on the main SE-R list a while back. However the FSM states that you need to jack up the front of the car and by hand spin one wheel in the forward direction (doubt it really matters) if the other wheel spins the same way you have LSD if not it's either burned out or you don't have it.
There is an easier way. Look at the stamp on the tranny, there will be a model/part number on the tranny. It can also be found on the identification plate on the firewall. Here's the info.

Post about different G20 transmissions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts