Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
its just a cone filter. WAI's typically replace the rubber hose stuff from the factory TB to the maf

·
Registered
182 Posts
When I had my 93 I ran that set up when I had to take the emisions test. The adapter bolts up to the maf, and if I remember right there aren't any senrosr other that the maf that would be past the air box. Its very similar to a JWT pop charger. I always thought that a wia was that adapter and then a hard pipe insted of the plastic/ruber factory combo.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
thats about the most basic WAI you could get. the adapter goes on the MAF and the cone goes on that. a full WAI replaces the tubing between intake mani and MAF and then has what youre looking at there. then, the CAI adds another pipe after the MAF down into your fender where it, obviously, sucks in colder air. there is one sensor that you IIRC will have just floating around if you do that, but you can just kind of attach it as close to the filter as possible and its fine. but you probably will have an CEL, as most people do. no biggie.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Yep thats it just take out the stock air box and ur good to go. You can zip tie the sensor somewhere near the filter area. You wont get any CEL light at all. Enjoy!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zip tie the sensor to what? itself? or the actual filter? pics? are you sure this works?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts