Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Dave. Some of you know me from SR20FORUM, some of you don't know me at all. Well, i joined G20.NET because, well, i bought a P10! A 1994 P10 to be exact. I paid $700 for this gem. The previous owners thought the transmission was dying, when all it really needs is a clutch.

A little run down on the car. It's a 94 with 141k. It was a VA car all its life, so it has zero rust. It has some typical scratches and dings for a 13 year old car. It has power everything, leather, power sunroof and keyless entry. Only bad part is it has a non-LSD transmission (which is alright, i have a tranny and axles from a 200sx SE-R that i could use if i wanted to make some real power with this thing.).

I haven't decided which way to go with this car (keep it stock and p1mp, or do a simple GTI-R T28 setup). Either way, i love the car so far:

Let me know what you think. The car drives so smooth compared to the other SR20 cars i've driven/owned.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
very nice Dave, i regonize you from SR20FORUM,

thats a pretty clean p10 man. I like it, looks like its in good shape!

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SgtDGun said:
put some 17s on it drop it 2 inches and tint the windows. nice car man, welcome to the site!
I was actually trying to source a set of newer Spec-V wheels. I haven't had much luck finding a decent set for a decent price.

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
Welcome to the board man! I don't know how long you've been on here but you'll soon find out it's all about luuuuuuhb. :D

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
junknstuff said:
welcome dave! saw your new p10 thread on sr20forum a couple days ago, i think.

rides a lot different from a b13 doesnt it? ;) :smile:
Well, different from a B14 anyways. My b14 was too stiff really.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice dave, I just picked up a 94 P10 as well... looks to be same model as yours, just below the touring model. I'll be getting rid of the NX likely... I'm thinking of taking the trans out... will the B13 axle work in the 94+? I've been reading mixed reports on this site.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
$700 for a P10...damn I need to find a deal like that!!! well, welcome to the forum daaaaaaaaaaaaaaawg...

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
El Gabito said:
Nice dave, I just picked up a 94 P10 as well... looks to be same model as yours, just below the touring model. I'll be getting rid of the NX likely... I'm thinking of taking the trans out... will the B13 axle work in the 94+? I've been reading mixed reports on this site.
If you put a B13 SE-R transaxle and you use B13 SE-R axles, you should be good to go.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
new guy is off and running. looks like you have a lotta valuable knowledge to add. welcome!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
daveracer said:
If you put a B13 SE-R transaxle and you use B13 SE-R axles, you should be good to go.

Are you talking about the RS5F32V (LSD) trans? If so i think you use the stock G20 passengers side axle and source a drivers side axle from a G20T (factory LSD). i believe the output splines are the same on both transmissions, but the hub's splines on the G20 are bigger, hence the 36mm axle nut as opposed to the B13 and B14's 32mm.... This is just what i've read on here and i cannot confirm this differance myself, as my broken finger is holding me up on finishing my SE-R transplant. good luck and i hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
XnotedgeanymoreX said:
Are you talking about the RS5F32V (LSD) trans? If so i think you use the stock G20 passengers side axle and source a drivers side axle from a G20T (factory LSD). i believe the output splines are the same on both transmissions, but the hub's splines on the G20 are bigger, hence the 36mm axle nut as opposed to the B13 and B14's 32mm.... This is just what i've read on here and i cannot confirm this differance myself, as my broken finger is holding me up on finishing my SE-R transplant. good luck and i hope this helps!
Reaaaaaalllllyyy. That's interesting.

·
Registered
132 Posts
XnotedgeanymoreX said:

See, I couldn't find concrete posting on this... there were a few contradictory threads...

·
Former G20 Addict
3,429 Posts
AWESOME! It always excites me when I see some big names from sr20forum come over to the gnet crowd. It's selfish really, since I know you guy's know how to build nice cars, that gives me something new to look at. :lol: Maybe people are starting to think twice about the g20 being a heavy, slow, waste of metal. Granted, it is heavy and slow, but it makes up for it in ride quality (personally I love the longer wheel base), and comfort appeal. Not to mention the power potential is exactly the same as the Sentra. However, I would own a classic SER in a heartbeat.

El Gabito- Like I said over on sr20forum. I'm 90% sure you use the g20t axles. I haven't done this personally because I'm waiting until my open diff p10 tranny blows. It's not a matter of if, just a matter of when it goes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts