Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Do you like the lettering on the back of the G20?

• I like it/I keep it on

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Dislike/ I removed it

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • I changed the color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I removed the lettering, but kept the symbol

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the lettering on the back of the Infinti? I see some people have removed it...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I voted "Dislike/removed it" but i don't really *dislike* the lettering, i just like not having it better. :) Also, i removed the infiniti symbol and the "infiniti" lettering, but left the G20t on the right side of the trunk. I'm going to replace the symbol with a larger one after i get the car painted. And i'll probably do a little something with the G20 text on the right side of the trunk. I don't want to tip my hat, but it'll be different from all the other G's i've seen on here.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Diss-LIKE!

I wasnt really feelin it at all... I got my 02 G...and I took it off the first day. Along with those crazy lookin mud flaps!!!

I think its a must!!
But hey...thats just me!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
JUST!!!

Dude just take you time!! Its really easy.... Just use you hands, and a clean cloth...
Just keep goin back and forth..and it will give....

·
Registered
133 Posts
ALSO...

And if they really dont wanna give...then get a heat gun...
Or even a hair dryer if thats all you got!!!
Let that thing heat up the sticky tape...and they will peal like nuttin!!!

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
yup...

I like the de-badged look myself! ..but I must admit I kept the symbol in the middle (nothing in front though on my primera grill)

....but I've considered taking off the rear symbol too.. I just haven't gotten around to it yet..

Funny little tidbit on badges..

Yesterday morning an obvious P10 had G30 on the back of it.. I had to do a double take to make sure I saw it correctly...

So was it a body shop bo bo or did the guy do it on purpose? who knows.. I haven't seen the car again..

·
Registered
218 Posts
He probably did it on purpose. It's like those guys who buy BMW 315's and change wheels and rebadge to be a 330i. Some people just have so little pride in what they have that they feel the need to lie and make it seem better than it is. Kinda like the ricers with the fake FMICs on the front of their cars. What the hell is the point of THAT!?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Just use dental floss to take off the badges and then some "GOO GONE" to get rid of the excess. Then wax.

I de-badged my entire back, but just kept the infiniti logo. Looks much cleaner.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
well...

you can always buy that 3m double sided tape and put it back on if you absolutely hate it..

It's probably a good idea to keep the lettering anyway if/when you decide to sell/trade in.... so that it can be re-attached and the dealer or potential buyer can't try to lower the worth of the car because of silly missing badges!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I debadged my G. I heated the badges up with a hair dryer then "sliced" them off with dental floss. Then took goo gone to the rest of the double side tape. I replaced the badges with the Infiniti emblem from a 2001 Q45. The emblem is about twice the size as on the G stock. It looks nice and clean

Jim

·
Registered
65 Posts
for P10 owners

P10 owners - if you decide to do away with your lettering, go ahead and grab a stool - this could take a while.

i just learned that badges that have been stuck on my G for 9 years were quite comfortable where they were, and weren't ready to go without a fight. i used a hairdryer to heat them up (although i don't think it did much good) then used floss to hack-saw them off. most of the gunk stuck to the car rather than the emblems. then came the tedious process of dabbing bug-tar remover over the entire area, and scraping it off with a tint-applicator shard thingamajig. (don't worry, i didnt scratch up the trunk lid)

the end result is a nice looking rear-end with lots of "wtf was that that just flew by me at a million kajillion miles per hour?" factor :p

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Removed...

I myself removed them, I think the car looks much cleaner, in the back and the front. The front was a total bitch because of the holes, but I finally did it. The only infinit symbols left are on the seats, valve cover, and soon to be 2002 door sills (I think i got all of them...) The wheel center caps will go with the rims... 18's here i come!

Personally i just like it better because i think it makes the car look much cleaner, and i get all sorts of looks, and people wondering what kind of car it is. I cant tell you how many people on the freeway would come up from behind, and then drive next to me really slow, pass and do one of those break neck things just to catch a glimpse of the grille logo. Now i will stump them forever:lol: Or at least until they see another G20....

·
Registered
429 Posts
wow

wtf was that that just flew by me at a million kajillion miles per hour
A Kajillion miles an hour? What was that a DET swap or all MODS or both, a kajillion sounds fast, how is cornering at that speed?

·
Registered
429 Posts
wow

wtf was that that just flew by me at a million kajillion miles per hour
A Kajillion miles an hour? What was that a DET swap or all MODS or both, a kajillion sounds fast, how is cornering at that speed?

Oh and to keep on subject, I kept my "badges" I would never replace my Infintiti badge for anything Nissan, I know and so do alot of folks that I drive a souped up sentra,

But to other folks it's "woo you drive an Infiniti?" or "Damn were you working, they treat you good" or "Hi. my names Mandy like your car" etc etc...:smoke:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts