Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people out there have lightweight flywheels? Do you think it was definitely worth it. Please list some cons and pros of it. I am thinking of going with a Fidanza 8 lb. and would like to know if it is worth it? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I lightened my stock flywheel. It's around 13.5lbs now. I'd definitely recommend one! 8lbs might be a bit light for normal street use, you might want to go with one of the lightened ones, rather than the ultralight (or whatever they are called), but i'd definitly recommend one. I'm going to get a lighter one when i can afford it and my clutch dies out (hopefully not anytime soon). I might get an ultralight then, however if I do it's because my G won't be my regular daily driver, it'll be my second car, my fun weekend car.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
1PhatG said:
Any guess on how much it shaves of in acceleration i.e quarter mile times?
Didn't do any back to back tests, but it's a good mod. Just the little bit i took off of mine was one of the best mods i've done so far. I thought it felt close to what a CAI or a header would do as far as acceleration.

·
Registered
588 Posts
any more pros and cons?
Im just scared that this mod will affect my daily driver...stuck in traffic 24-7...

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I drove my buddies P11 with a Jun light flywheel. I thought I woud have trouble getting it going but I wasn't really that bad. I didn't stall it once. After driving his car for a bit I wanted on and couldn't really see any reason not to do it.

One draw back is that you'll coast down faster, but I dont' really see that as an issue.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Oh yeah don't forget that Fidanza and JWT are known to throw a check engine light! Big issue but if you don't mind the light then good for you. I have a fidanza and its alright. The car revs alot faster but its not like its a huge difference. It definitely took me about a month to learn how to drive with that thing but I'm just slow:dead: Everyone I know stalls the car the first couple of times they drive it .... Don't rush to throw in a light flywheel into your car... common sense would tell you to do it when you need a new clutch.

·
Registered
588 Posts
yep...im doing a jdm swap...so the tranny is apart...hmmm i have a 91 p10 so will i still have worries with the check engine light???
to my understanding the OBDI ecu's wont have a problem
the obdII will have a problem... is this right???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts