Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I am boosting 9-10psi, the car would go into limp mode. It will not respond to the gas and gradually decrease the rpm until before 2500rpm then the engine would sputter when I give gas. When I stop the car the idle would jump from 500-1000 repeatedly and eventually it will die. I have to turn off the car for a minute and the turn back on to get it out of this safe/limp mode again.

Since then I've turned down the boost to 6psi and it doesn't seem to come back (yet). Could it be a boost/vacuum leak? Or bad MAF?

Also, I am having a starting problem as per this thread. Think it might be related to the MAF?
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56756

In addition, my car is having stalling problem. If I let off the gas and clutch in from 3k rpm and let the engine speed drop, the engine couldn't "catch" at idle speed and it will just stall. It happens no matter what my e-manage anti-stall setting is. FYI, the MAF voltage at idle is ~1.2V and at full throttle is ~4.3V which seems in the normal range.

This engine does have a service engine light but it's been on forever. My code reader is acting up so I can't get the codes. However, it drives fine except my gas mileage suffered a little since the stalling problem begun occurring.

So..what would be my problem? MAF? Boost leak? Both?
Or some other sensors going bad?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Just a head's up check your nuts that hold the turbo to the manifold and the mani on the block. My turbo was loose from the manifold (actually I lost all the nuts) and I was having similar problems. I was also having the same problems when my IC pipe came loose.

If I was you I would go over the whole system. Check the IC pipes and tighten them down. Check all your nuts, make sure they are all still there. Get the car to autozone and have them tell you the code. Or any place that check codes for free up where you are. Not sure if you have AZ up there.

·
Registered
374 Posts
sounds like you have a boost leak...my car did the same thing , i have a RR with an Avenir turbo kit and i found a small split in my hose at the hot side , replaced the hose and no more sputtering or stalling .... you must be getting horrible fuel economy.

i would check for cracks in hoses at the hot and old side of your turbo piping

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually the problem went away after a month or so, I think I got lucky. :D

·
Registered
701 Posts
But it sure does sound maf related. If there's a loose connection at the maf the car will go in limp mode causing the 2500rpm rev limit.

Luppo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts