1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can one of the Admins make this a sticky??

And maybe the write-up on bypassing the stock amps...

(Hint to the Admins)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pinouts...

I have deciphered the pinouts on the rear amp's plug, if that would help. I think the front amp is attached to the rear of the radio. Does that sound correct? My 92 has a radio with the number "PK 429" on the cassette door.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
497 Posts
More info on the 6.5" swap: Links w/ Pictures

Here are some links of installs people have done, either with the chevy brackets or by using some custom baffles.

Chevy brackets:
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=237167

Note: See how this person first cut the bracket to fit to the G20 door panels, and then drilled new holes to fit the G20's stock holes.

Custom Baffles:
http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?threadid=24516

Note: This person decided to use MDF, fiberglass, and expanding foam to build some custom baffles. This route is good for people with speakers that don't fit the Chevy brackets.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
THANKS! That will deffinately help....changin the front speakers soon! :alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
497 Posts
New Tip:

We all know that the chevy brackets and in general, custom mdf baffles don't fit perfectly to the contours of the P10 door. Consequently, speakers don't get a good seal with the door...one tip:

Go buy a piece of weatherstripping material called peel n seal at your local hardware shop or whatever (home depot, walmart etc). It's pretty cheap, and generally sold by the sq. ft. It's for roofing and other weather/home related stuff - simply cut out a piece that fits to the back of the chevy brackets or to the custom baffle, and place it there. It should provide a good seal while also reducing the noises caused by vibration.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
GOOD WORK, RYTE!!!

Now, how do I get the fnck!ng radio out of the console? My car has a Pioneer deck in it now (not installed by me), and I really want to replace it with my Alpine CDA-9815.

·
Registered
37 Posts
CowboyDren said:
GOOD WORK, RYTE!!!

Now, how do I get the fnck!ng radio out of the console? My car has a Pioneer deck in it now (not installed by me), and I really want to replace it with my Alpine CDA-9815.
The Pioneer if it was installed correctly requires a tool - basically two flat thin metal (not sure how far apart) pushed in on both sides of stereo at the same time - stereo should release from side brackets and slide forward - one caution - watch the single black wire that does not go into the harness - it bolts directly to the dash steel frame - and depending on the wire job - you may not have much clearance to 'disconnect' from the back of the stereo....

Hope this helps - most audio installers have that tool to pull the Pioneers out...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks so much for putting this post on. Me and my best friend just put in the front speakers two days ago and I just bought some 6 1/2's to put in the back. We spent 3 damn hours trying to figure out how to get the stock speakers out. We never accomplished anything but really f-ing up my leather.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can someone change the title and consolidate links to the top? I almost didn't look at this thread due to the title, but it contained info I needed (amp bypass, etc)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has anyone tried the Kicker ks600 6.5" in front or rear? Crutchfield say's they don't fit the rear, but I'd like to put them in both locations. I wondered if there too deep for the front, or if anyones tried these why would not fit the back. I once had some Cerwin Vega's with 5.5# magnets would not fit a standard 6x9 hole. Wondered if it was something like that.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
So I picked up a pair of these:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_21&products_id=33

If you can compare the specs in relation to size, you might be able to determine what it might be. I can tell you this fits like a glove/perfectly.

and the holes lined up perfectly as well. By the way, I think for the size and price, this is a very good buy. If you can seal it, it will sound much better, but I prefer the IB mode for space. I may pull these out and build a tube FG enclosure if we get another vehicle so I won't worry about space.

Has anyone tried the Kicker ks600 6.5" in front or rear? Crutchfield say's they don't fit the rear, but I'd like to put them in both locations. I wondered if there too deep for the front, or if anyones tried these why would not fit the back. I once had some Cerwin Vega's with 5.5# magnets would not fit a standard 6x9 hole. Wondered if it was something like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I couldn't find a good diagram for the pinouts on the P10, so I searched through the FSM and found the pages I needed.

Here you go folks.

Clickable for the large size.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts