Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to buy a set of components for the front doors, (P10 G20) Infinity Kappa 60.5cs to be exact. Now, I was wondering, where the best place to put the crossovers is. Has anybody had experience putting components in their front door, and where did they put the crossovers?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's quite clever. Infact, I think I'll be copying that idea. How'd you do it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Easy, first take off the sill trim and then the footwell trim panel (sill trim just pulls up, footwell panel has a screw under the little square panel and a plastic nut).

Thread the speaker wire through the door into the footwell.

Now remove the crossovers top and place the crossover against the footwell trim. Position the c/o so it's as level as possible (drivers side is a pain in the ass!) and mark the plastic underneath the two bolt holes. Now drill where the marks are.

Attach the c/o and where the plastic of the trim rises make another mark level with the c/o terminals, then remove the c/o and drill out where you just marked (depends on speaker wire size as to how big you do this hole) a hole big enough for 3 sets of speaker wire. Replace c/o.

Now thread the speaker wire that goes to the amp through the large hole, crimp on the terminals and wire it to the c/o. Do the same for the wires that come from the speakers in the door.
Replace both pieces of trim.
Thread the speaker wire to the amp (mine's in the boot (trunk)) along the inner sill.

Hope this helps, if you need any more info I'll be around :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really appreciate the information. Thanks a lot. Now, with a P10 Primera, they come with 4 x 6 speakers in the front. Where'd you get an adapter to fit 6 1/2s so well? I got adapters myself, did some cutting, but couldn't get it to like that. Any advice?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Genius! Pure Genius! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
NICE... BUT.....

I really like the set-up, it looks mad cool... but my concern is: Aren't you worried that people might damage it (especially on the passenger side) with their feet... coming in and out of your car and stuff??? The cross over is pretty exposed there... Besides that... you did one hell of a good job with everything else... I remember I had to struggle, play around and "ghetto" attach my 5'1/4" 3-way Pionneers in the oval adaptor!! :lol: ... but I'm gonna get components soon... so besides the fact that I'm considering this idea for the crossovers... I'm wondering if there aren't any other locations...? :square:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Long Island huh? Nassau or Suffolk county? I live in Nassau myself, but yeah that's true. The location of the crossovers does seem like it would leave it a bit exposed. But then you can always threaten your passengers if they touch it. ^^;

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is another way, which I thought about doing.

Mount the crossover on the door and have a cutout in the door card, so it looks like the crossover is sat in the door pocket.

But honestly I've had no problems with the location of mine, they are like an extention of the sill and don't really stick out, people naturally place their feet in the centre of the footwell when getting in and step right over them.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Hey!

I live in Nassau too, in the Elmont area, off Hempstead Turnpike. I thought about the door pocket too just to kinda' hide/show them altogether... :D But I would definitely kick my passenger's "toosh" if they had damaged them!! :knockout: ... I'll probably go with either one of these ideas... Thanx !! ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I used Velcro and strong adhesive to attach my Kicker crossovers to the inner door. I placed them behind where the windshield comes down, and wraped them in plastic to protect them from moisture. I, personally, would never leave my crossover's exposed like that. It's just too easy to damage them...

BTW - Lurker, nice install!!

·
el capitán Nismo
2,245 Posts
I put my Infinity xo under the passenger seat. I wanted to mount them to the door but didn't want the peekers to see what I've got as far as speakers.

I like the adapter. I used Xtreme Dynamat over the hole to fill in the gap and mounted the adapter over the Dynamat. Of course had to dremmel the door fiberboard but that's no biggy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm working on building angled fiberglass 6.5 front speaker mounts. if they come out any good (which they already look like they are), i'll post on it. They should be done sometime wednesday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SR20 Inside said:
some of your pictures links are broken man can you fix em please, I am in process of installing mine and this would help out :D, THANKS.
Sorry bout that but the other pictures don't exist anymore, I can tell you that they didn't show much more than you can see in the present ones. If you need any extra info I'll do my best to help, I just made some slightly improved ones for someone else so it's still fresh in my mind ;)

Reverend_Ezekiel said:
I used Velcro and strong adhesive to attach my Kicker crossovers to the inner door. I placed them behind where the windshield comes down, and wraped them in plastic to protect them from moisture. I, personally, would never leave my crossover's exposed like that. It's just too easy to damage them...

BTW - Lurker, nice install!!
Thanks, they don't look quite as good up close but I've refined the process since. In responce to the likelyhood of damage, I put them in over a year ago now and they haven't even got a scratch yet but I will admit that it's not an ideal place if you get heavy snow on a regular basis.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i hid my XO inside the door. theres a little pocket in the plastic with a large foam square on the door that slides into it. I pulled off the foam block and put the XO right in there. then i just wrapped it in foam to fill up the extra gap so it doesnt move.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I mounted each crossover upside down under the dash...just used zip ties and you cant see that they are there unless you go down to the floor...plus it gives them a little room to move with vibration and bumps and protects them from any moisture or pax damage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts