Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is really early but I'm also trying to figure out how much I'll need to have saved, gonna be calculating preventive maintainence for the trip...

During the summer I'm planning on driving out to Vegas, in one shot, straight there, minus some bathroom breaks, but obviously it'll take it's toll on the car driving non-stop for maybe 8 hours.

Summer + Desert = Hot

Hot = Bad

All I can really think of is a coolant flush, oil change, checking the tire pressure and brakes.

Anything else I should look into, or have done, before I basically have my car on for 8 hours and drive 600 miles there and assuming I leave, have it on again for another 8 hours and 600 miles back?

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Bishous-G said:
use blunts, not joints.. cmon man..
i'm not black. blunts waste a lot of herb, and that's a LOT of paper to inhale. when i roll, it's King Sized orange Zig Zags, or ultra thin Mascotte's. but glass, FTW.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
autox_blonde said:
I 2nd glass FTW
yes high five! dude, i was at Mautai916's house last Sunday, with some hash. i wanted to peep out your shop. clear your PM box, Miss Popular.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
In all seriousness, if my 1990 Subaru could do six days at eight hours a day, half of those in 100-degree heat and all with a bunch of dead weight in the trunk, then your 2002 G20 should have no problems at all. MAYBE something would happen, so take along a cell phone, but the chances of anything making the car undrivable are slim to none. I developed a clunk in the suspension that I still haven't fixed and the speedometer cable broke 15 miles outside Bumfuck, South Dakota, but nothing actually made the car break down.

EDIT: the only preventative maintenance I did beforehand was replace an axle that had had a torn boot for months, and pump up the tires.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man...

Strawberry Swishers. Everytime.

Glass FTW, but it's not practical sometimes. Pipes are hella harsh, bongs are cuts, but it's not cuts when you're just chilling on the corner, you know?

Anyway, yeah true, I got AAA it's cutty...

They can help me out when my car is thizzin'...

AKA rolling on E...

Ba-Da-ching!

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
WHen I lived in San Diego, we'd constantly drive to Vegas and Laughlin in the dead of the summer heat. Many times it was 115 degrees, so the road temp was probably 10 - 15 degrees higher. Had the AC blasting and pedal to the metal...haha.

Seriously, proper maintenance and good tires and you should be fine. REMEMBER: to bring lots of extra water, not only for the car, but in case you break down and have to walk.

enjoy.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
95g ATL said:
REMEMBER: to bring lots of extra water, not only for the car, but in case you break down and have to walk.
sounds like someone learned a lesson the hard way. :stare:

·
Registered
926 Posts
On top of coolant flush, oil change, checking the tire pressure and brakes you will want to also change your thermostat (cheap insurance for the hot temp you'll be experiencing), check your alt/ps/ac belts, check your radiator hoses for any cracks, and that should do. Depending on how miles is on your car, and past maintenance work that has been done there's a few things I didn't list.

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
P11Gdub said:
sounds like someone learned a lesson the hard way. :stare:
fortunately, no. just in case. no water in desert heat = death in mere hours.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Hmmm..keep some coolant and oil in your trunk and if your running range 5 spark plugs change to range 6..they're cooler and are used in hot weather and since you're basically going to be doing highway driving the gas mileage shouldn't be affected.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
dude just fly. its cheaper and much more convenient. I always used to drive there. so much that my friends thought I was scared to fly. yeah it get hot, but nothing to trip over unless you got a beater. dont do anything stress your engine. best to drive there at night when its cooler and less traffic.

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
Ugly said:
dude just fly. its cheaper and much more convenient.
very valid point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts