Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G20 p11

Hey all,

Sometimes when I press on my break I get a long tone beep. Sounds like when you do a hearing test. Goes away when you let up. Doesn't really change pitch but it will sound a little louder and quieter during beep. It only happens every once in a great while. I Googled it and most things are like loose calipers or rotor, or worn break pads. I don't think it's that. But possibly electric? I saw an answer on a forum where a guy said that some Nissan engines have like a sensor unit that gives different "beeps"? But the link led to a now defunct website. Haven't heard anything about a p11 having that anyway. Does anyone know what this mysterious beep is? I also have some issues with my dash lights going in and out, they come back on but it's annoying at night. Also my ac compressor doesn't always kick on until I turn it off and on a bunch. Possible relay switch? Does this all sound like a short somewhere or a failing wiring harness to anyone? Lol. I'm hoping it's just a few odd things happening. I also had a problem with the ac compressor blowing fuse until like the 3rd one I put in. I know you all aren't my mechanic, I am. That's why I am asking. I've never ran into these problems on any car before and Google is no help. Thanks in advance anyone who has some suggestions.

Shayne S.

·
Registered
20,818 Posts
There shouldn't be an electronic beep on a g20 as there is not electronic monitoring of brake pads; just the physical wear tab.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for confirming there's no sensor unit that is tied to the break system. Now I'm lost. I wonder if it sporadically happens anyway and the fact that at a drive thru or light sometimes I hear it because my stereo is off? Like maybe it's a more common occurrence, but gets drowned out by the Bose. I'm sure any number of grounding issues could cause odd audio noise to occur on the stereo side of things but again I don't hear it often enough to really track down the conditions under which it happens. Anyway thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts