Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What G20 particular problems do I need to look for? I've heard about motor mounts but they fixed that problem on 94 and newer, correct? This one has 75K on it, new clutch and new tires. What else is NORMALLY replaced on G's during a clutch job ( besides clutch and pressure plate and throw out bearing) ? You know, the "while you are in there, go ahead and do it" items. Is the exhaust stainless on G20's? I would expect it to be rusting through somewhere in the 75-100K mile time frame if it is mild steel. Rust could be a GOOD thing though, an excuse to talk him down and a reason to put a good stainless catback on.

Well, thanks in advance for any tips and pointers. If all goes well, I'll be G'ing tomorrow...

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
exhaust

it is NOT stainless and you should take a look... what breaks most frequently is the pipe attached to the muffler while the muffler itself will still be ok...(the shroud often rusts away on the muffler but that's o.k.) Anyway, this can be 'cheap fixed' often with a straight pipe in that spot and spot weld but not if it is too far gone....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Name stuck...

No way, I can't change the name?...Guess I'll have to re-register.

5th gear pop-out? Wasn't that attributed to the motor mounts going bad on the Pre-94 models?

·
Registered
20,838 Posts
Re: Name stuck...

WTB_95G20t said:
5th gear pop-out? Wasn't that attributed to the motor mounts going bad on the Pre-94 models?
I don't know. I would still test it on any Nissan.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JUST BACK from seeing the 95G20t

Beautiful car, I made an offer of $6k but he was hoping for $7k. 2nd owner, garage kept at home AND work, 75k miles, new clutch done by Infiniti, brand new Michelins :)( there goes my excuse to get 16's though). My offer is higher than the Edmunds book but lower than the Kelly book. I think Kelly is the "dealers" book so they get more out of their sales. We'll see if he calls tonight.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GOTTA CHANGE MY USER NAME!!!

Great news, everyone...They called and took my offer of 6k. I picked it up this afternoon. I had a big G-Grin all the way home. Drives like a dream, handles great, took a couple back country turns at double the yellow speed with no problems at all.

They put new Michelins on because they had decided to keep it for the long haul. A couple weeks later, he got military orders to Peru. From the description he got, Peru is a car thief heaven so they decided to take his 88 Integra (same car I was replacing with the G) instead of the near mint condition G.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
look-ee there...

Look at that, I turned a Junior member on the same day I bought my G...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts