BB Manifold, BB J-pipe
3" downpipe, Stock Cat, 2.5" Catback
Front mount intercooler
Walbro 255 fuel pump
370cc injectors
Greddy E-manage
Boost controller
+ gauges

I am going to upgrade the clutch, injectors to 550cc, and add a adjustable fuel pressure regulator + gauge.

What kind of boost/power would I run safely with the stock internals?
This is my daily driver so reliability would be a big factor.
Of course this will be tuned with a wideband and possibly dyno-tuned later.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
yeah, i would def upgrade and since you have a bb mani, you will need to do a t28/t25 hybrid in order to clear the block (at least that's what ive read on sr20forum)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been doing some research and how people are saying that the RR's high ringlands is not as strong and how it doesn't respond to boost well. Would it be an issue?

If I upgrade the maf but not the turbo, I should be able to run 10-12 psi?
And then upgrade to the GTi-R mani and T28 later?

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
littledog said:
I've been doing some research and how people are saying that the RR's high ringlands is not as strong and how it doesn't respond to boost well. Would it be an issue?

If I upgrade the maf but not the turbo, I should be able to run 10-12 psi?
And then upgrade to the GTi-R mani and T28 later?
Sorry I misread your post... for some reason I thought you had a BB DET not the stock RR motor. I can only guess what would be safe on the RR motor, and that would be 250-300 whp tops. Best to check out B15sentra.net or someone that has really tested the limits of the RR motor. I know people on here have pushed 10 psi safely.

- Greg -

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MrFancypants said:
Sorry I misread your post... for some reason I thought you had a BB DET not the stock RR motor. I can only guess what would be safe on the RR motor, and that would be 250-300 whp tops. Best to check out B15sentra.net or someone that has really tested the limits of the RR motor. I know people on here have pushed 10 psi safely.

- Greg -
So would I outrun the MAF with the T25?

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
littledog said:
So would I outrun the MAF with the T25?
I think you have a different MAF than non-RR lowport SR's... I recall hearing it flows a little more. Generally speaking the stock MAF, 370cc injectors and T25 all max out around the 250 whp mark. You can push more out of a T25 but it backpressures like crazy and will be very inefficient.

- Greg -

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MrFancypants said:
I think you have a different MAF than non-RR lowport SR's... I recall hearing it flows a little more. Generally speaking the stock MAF, 370cc injectors and T25 all max out around the 250 whp mark. You can push more out of a T25 but it backpressures like crazy and will be very inefficient.

- Greg -
Bring this back to life because I have a couple additions.
I now have 550cc injectors in and have a 300zx MAF ready to be installed.

The T25 are efficient up at around 14-15 psi. But would my stock motor hold for that kind of boost assuming I have a proper tune (maybe even dyno-tuned)?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SgtDGun said:
I read somewhere that the P11 Maf is sufficient, I would check that out and see about continuing to run it before I would retune the whole car for a new MAF. but what do I know.
I've read the same thing. It should be good to 325whp but the fact is it's crapping out on me so I might as well upgrade it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
one other thing that you can do that will give you a pretty substantial gain on this turbo and if you choose another one down the road is a set of s3r' cams from JWT. cheaper than getting a new turbo and will give you an additional boost of power

so my suggestion is pick up a set of S3r cams

joe

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi ..in about 2 weeks Im going to test the limits of the RR motor... so far Im at 360whp with no probs at all 2 years of masive abuse and no a single prob to the engine almost same comp as when its was stock ..reving the engine to 7500 rpm all the time ..etc.I will let you know the outcome...
cheers.

I would do..550-4 bar or 720cc, z32 maf , gti-r manifold, s3r cams, 3 inch exhaust no cat, alky injection and if you can a gt3071r 0.86 at 10-11 lbs you can get 300whp easy..or at 1 bar 350whp etc....

Here is a dyno gt3071r at 10-10,5 lbs.

MOre data....

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jpsr20det said:
Hi ..in about 2 weeks Im going to test the limits of the RR motor... so far Im at 360whp with no probs at all 2 years of masive abuse and no a single prob to the engine almost same comp as when its was stock ..reving the engine to 7500 rpm all the time ..etc.I will let you know the outcome...
cheers.

I would do..550-4 bar or 720cc, z32 maf , gti-r manifold, s3r cams, 3 inch exhaust no cat, alky injection and if you can a gt3071r 0.86 at 10-11 lbs you can get 300whp easy..or at 1 bar 350whp etc....

Here is a dyno gt3071r at 10-10,5 lbs.
Thanks for the info. I noticed that you are in Chile. Can you (or anyone) confirm that it's the same RR version as the USDM one?

No one seems to be sure the approx. amount of power that's safe on the stock USDM RR internals :baffled: Or maybe I just couldn't find it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The RR from USDM are not the same .. I have seen the pistons from my p11 are exactly the same as the previous sr20des.. intake manifold are diff to to many diferences... but with the proper mods I dont see why you cant reach the 300+whp and be safe ...alky injection its a must here..and you are not going to see 300+ whp all the time just in some few ocations ,the motor should last very long if you do it right. a big exaple .. ga16dne 1 year t28 1,8 bar of boost DAILY the ower drives his car like 200-250 mph every day and he just recently broke a ring land ..we change it and no probs all ..
Do it right and I dont see why it should not last... just check the comp every time and dont let tha car knock.
Good luck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you have already picked up the MAF and Injectors, I would look into getting a GTi-R manifold and t28. It will let you run the same 13-14 psi your looking to run, but it will be right in the middle of the turbos optimal operating PSI, and it will last much longer then maxing out a T25.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts