Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my g20 for maybe a little over a year now, it has a ve in it and I want to do a little more to it, i wanna start a turbo build maybe with the gtir manifold but I've heard the avenir kit is fine... i want it to be reliable still and something that I can daily on a decent budget for turbo parts. If anyone has any opinions or good thoughts please share them!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've had my g20 for maybe a little over a year now, it has a ve in it and I want to do a little more to it, i wanna start a turbo build maybe with the gtir manifold but I've heard the avenir kit is fine... i want it to be reliable still and something that I can daily on a decent budget for turbo parts. If anyone has any opinions or good thoughts please share them!
how much hp are u lookin to make and how much are u tryin to spend??? are u doin tha work??

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
The idea of budget must be secondary until you have built a few reliable daily driven turbo cars.
If you have not your budget will be different than mine and reliability results will not be the same.

If you don't take your time and do things well the first time reliability will suffer.
I been daily driveing turbo p10s since the beginning of time lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much hp are u lookin to make and how much are u tryin to spend??? are u doin tha work??
I'm looking to get about 300's to the wheels, I'm not looking to do a shitty cheap build though, Im not really trying to spend more than $800 maybe on parts.
The idea of budget must be secondary until you have built a few reliable daily driven turbo cars.
If you have not your budget will be different than mine and reliability results will not be the same.

If you don't take your time and do things well the first time reliability will suffer.
I been daily driveing turbo p10s since the beginning of time lol
I'm not trying to half ass it or anything I completely agree on doing it right the first time. I'm interested in doing a kit with a t28 instead of a t25 and not the avenir Mani but the gtir manifold.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
I'm looking to get about 300's to the wheels, I'm not looking to do a shitty cheap build though, Im not really trying to spend more than $800 maybe on parts.

I'm not trying to half ass it or anything I completely agree on doing it right the first time. I'm interested in doing a kit with a t28 instead of a t25 and not the avenir Mani but the gtir manifold.

at $800 you won't be half assing it. You will be quarter assing it. Possibly even eighth assing it. $800 will barely cover fluids, clamps, hoses, and fittings. Good luck but you need to get realistic.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
at $800 you won't be half assing it. You will be quarter assing it. Possibly even eighth assing it. $800 will barely cover fluids, clamps, hoses, and fittings. Good luck but you need to get realistic.
I Agree. You need about $1500-$2000 to do something reliable and right.

·
Registered
86 Posts

I have an Avenir manifold, brand new! let me know if you're interested lol. I thought I could do it around $800 but I'm over $1000 now with still some parts to buy, and I got some CRAZY deals on a few things. But yes, you will be quarter assing it haha.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your opinions, guess I need to research a little more and look up some parts and pricing... I don't want to go overboard though if I do it, I plan on getting another car for a daily, probably a newer car and have the g as my toy. Does anyone know a good beginner turbo build thread that would benefit me??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
came back around to start this project! I'm currently having the intercooler piping made and going to go with the kit JDM_ej makes! I'm still looking around for the avenir turbo with manifold and other things. I saw a downpipe from a vet on ebay would that bolt up with me having a de motor? and if I'm going to be daily driving on 10lbs do I need to get bigger injectors and upgrade my stock clutch I just had replaced?? I'm not trying to half ass anything but I am trying to find some decent deals if I could.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: Getting the intercooler pipes made now, the IC kit is going to be one of my first purchases... I'm looking to daily the p10 with at least 250-300whp on stock internals if thats possible, along with a stock clutch that was just replaced... I wanted to get an exedy stage 2 before I got a replacement. I'm doing the Aveneir setup so things I am looking for and may need let me know! I am now looking for the ball bearing t25, I'd like to run a greedy type S BOV so do I only need the hose piece that comes off the intake manifold to stock BOV piece?? And what about the waste gate if I go aftermarket BOV? I Was told by Bhowle to go with the JWT ecu to save me time and troubles.. Would i need to upgrade to 370cc injectors and an upgraded clutch right off bat? As far as exhaust I haven't seen many options, should I go with a 3" down pipe and what kind? to a 3" cutback and maybe a Vibrant resonator along with vibrant 3"-4,4.5" I have the chance to get an AEM tru boost gauge from a buddy for $60 I may scoop that up soon. Any feedback to make this setup as easy and direct bolt on as posible, besides after mark BOV

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quick question!? one of my injectors took a shit on me today, plugs sparked, ran a compression test, cyl 1 which has the bad injector was at like 97-98 the others were at 105, 100, and 110. So my question is that if I'm going to boost the car, should I just go ahead and get 1 new injector, or can I use the sr20det injectors until I completely boost? the car is just not getting enough fuel it feels like at the moment.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you're trying to stay in budget go with the ebay one (risky though). 370cc is what the factory Srdet come with. People upgrade when they wanna make over 300 hp.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where in sc are you?
I'd eather go with nice parts ya knnow, and I did not know the sr20det came with 370cc's... I'm looking for power around 300whp but with this one injector should I just say fuck it and finf a new oem one for the time being or just go straight to searching for bigger injectors? I'd rather some reliable parts, like I saw those "ebay" 370cc's and I saw the deathswerks and I feel as if the 275cc' will be better and better quality. I am also north of columbia below charlotte a few!

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
Only use good known reliable quality parts
370cc injectors will not support 300whp. [email protected] 3bar fuel press is about 250-260whp max @4 bar its closer to 285

If your compression is 100-105 then I would not boost that motor. It is tires and worn. Compression should be around 190 for a healthy DE

·
Registered
613 Posts
Great to see your serious about this. I found it easiest, cost effective, and most reliable to just buy a whole avenir engine and swap. Jwt tune is safe and easy, but will set you back 600$ and as far as Bov (or diverter valve as its called) you will certainly have to recirculate the bov into the charge pipe unless you go blow through with your MAF, or are a tuning whiz and have an hks unit.
Retro_mod

·
Registered
782 Posts
Was that test done cold?

should be done in this order.

Your numbers should be higher because VE so please ignore those numbers for your VE engine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Only use good known reliable quality parts
370cc injectors will not support 300whp. [email protected] 3bar fuel press is about 250-260whp max @4 bar its closer to 285

If your compression is 100-105 then I would not boost that motor. It is tires and worn. Compression should be around 190 for a healthy DE
MY BUDDY SAID IT WAS "TIRED A BIT" WHAT CAN I DO TO SAVE IT!? and I still need to get an injector but I'm not sure what one...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts