Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I mean I've got to go through with it now, I already bought a brand new manifold and am have to bout to buy a set of in injectors looks like, and I'm having my IC kit fabbed up and shit....

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
That is up to you. But I would do a leak down test. If your rings are worn and you have a lot do blow by, boosting it will only make it worse. Or end up blowing up faster

What motor do you have and what color are the injectors?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That is up to you. But I would do a leak down test. If your rings are worn and you have a lot do blow by, boosting it will only make it worse. Or end up blowing up faster

What motor do you have and what color are the injectors?
It has a red Nissan VC on it, highport, the EGR below the TB is not blocked but the there is a bung below the o2 on the heat shield. I should be a regular de. I don't think its the original motor, my buddy in town said he had some injectors I could try, haven't taken them out yet but the clips at the top are like an orange color.

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
Do a leak down before you do anything else. Low compression means leakage somewhere. If its rings then just get a DET or another DE or VE and swap it

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Do a leak down before you do anything else. Low compression means leakage somewhere. If its rings then just get a DET or another DE or VE and swap it

Fuckkk I'm alredy having charklie make my IC piping, and just bought that brand new manifold.... can I just not buy new rings for my current motor?

to say if worst comes to worst...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Funny how every compression service guide for th DE says it should be 178 psi but people have stated numerous times that it should be 190 ....

On another note.... the only way to know what engine you have is simple...Pictures? As far as compression... Is you gauge from Harbor Freight? If it is throw it away and go buy a real one. What did you pay for your manifold and ic piping ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Funny how every compression service guide for th DE says it should be 178 psi but people have stated numerous times that it should be 190 ....

On another note.... the only way to know what engine you have is simple...Pictures? As far as compression... Is you gauge from Harbor Freight? If it is throw it away and go buy a real one. What did you pay for your manifold and ic piping ?
the gauge we were using at the time was a snap on diesiel that hit at at least 50psi, manifold was $100 and IC kit was $500

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
A good healthy DE with throttle open will be 190psi solid. 178 is the lazy spec

You can always just buy a DE. To save money but a W11 is a better tarting point

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
noooo, I think I'm getting a w10 motor from JDMenginedepot and having it shipped to my work.. instead of fuckin around and buying new parts...

but I've heard i want the w11 turbo will it directly bolt on to the w10 manifold?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm thinking of having the used/newer srdet they have at JDM engine depot shipped here and while its sitting just take off the turbo parts and put them on my DE for now, that way I can build do whatever with the new motor... any opinions anyone??

the person I talked to yesterday on the phone told me the motor they have reads 180 all the way across.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
1: Buy a W11 motor, not a W10.
2: Stock DET is very reliable. Upgraded pistons/rods/studs/etc are a waste of money. Spend it on a VE oil pump and OE rebuild/reseal parts (new bearings, etc). Have the W11 engine disassembled, ultrasonic cleaned, honed and put back together with a VET head gasket, VE pump, new bearings and new rings. You'll have an OEM setup that will last indefinitely with a stock turbo assuming maintenance is kept up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
1: Buy a w11 motor, not a w10.
2: Stock det is very reliable. Upgraded pistons/rods/studs/etc are a waste of money. Spend it on a ve oil pump and oe rebuild/reseal parts (new bearings, etc). Have the w11 engine disassembled, ultrasonic cleaned, honed and put back together with a vet head gasket, ve pump, new bearings and new rings. You'll have an oem setup that will last indefinitely with a stock turbo assuming maintenance is kept up.
still coming down today right?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Ohhh wow i forgot when I was still here I even made this post..after reading About it I have got to just edit this whole thread and restart from the beginning.

I’m currently trying to get my red 91 G20 back (sr20de highport) and actually do the W11 Avenir Motor swap but add a few things.. still have a few questions about things.

A swap should come with the ecu and harness already but if it doesn’t, would a stock de ECU work with a det motor? Same question goes for stock de engine harness on a det motor? As far as 100% done correctly and reliably would this be good to go?

T28 manifold
Gt28-30 size turbo
Bov on cold side
370-440cc injectors
Z32 maf
Walboro 255
RS tune on the W11 Ecu

Would it also be simpler to run a turbo that’s already internally wastegated? I don’t know if I need to have a wastegate welded on to the manifold I still have, and have a dump tube coming out the bottom of it?

Attachments

21 - 38 of 38 Posts