Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title goes, whenever I Rev over 5500rpm power drops, it still gains revs but much slower. When I ease on the throttle it seems to diminish the issue but the power drop is still very noticeable. Anyone had the same issue? What can I do to troubleshoot?

·
Registered
48 Posts
you havent stated your motor/tune/mods, but things to check. 1. ecu error codes (knock sensor,temp sensor) and timing. 2. maf voltage/ clean maf with contact cleaner.3. good fuel/ replace fuel filter/bottle of injector cleaner

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, sorry.
I have a p11 GT with a stock sr20de.
I have swapped the fuel filter, since the car was stopped for a couple of years, I swapped a bunch of vacuum tubes that were starting to break.
I've asked some friends that have diagnostics machines and they only have OBDII, have to search for a garage that has a compatible machine.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh, sorry.
I have a p11 GT with a stock sr20de.
I have swapped the fuel filter, since the car was stopped for a couple of years, I swapped a bunch of vacuum tubes that were starting to break.
I've asked some friends that have diagnostics machines and they only have OBDII, have to search for a garage that has a compatible machine.
Thanks for the reply.
start with a full tank of premium gas and injector cleaner than. good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
start with a full tank of premium gas and injector cleaner than. good luck
Thanks, downed half a tank of premium juice and injector cleaner until now and no joy. I wonder if the air intake pipe is also cracked from below where I can't see, is it worth disassemble?

·
Registered
133 Posts
this may sound crazy but check the harmonic balancer the rubber could be just going bad but not enought to do drop power at low RPMs. If the rubber is cracked it retards the timming and power is lost if thats not you could have a slow air leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts