Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure when it happened, but I recently noticed that my subs weren't working while driving on the highway. When I got to where I was going I took a look in the trunk. My Capacitor was not showing a charge on it's LED display, but the amp that drives my 4 speakers was still working.

All the connections between the audio components seem okay. The only thing that seems questionable is the fuse that connects the 1 foot wire connected to my positive battery terminal to the rest of the cable. On the longer cable side, the fuse seems to have a bunch of white gunk on it.

So I'm thinking it's the fuse. But I don't need to re-pre-charge the capacitor do I?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went in and checked out the old fuse on the battery line. It was pretty well corroded. So I replaced that with a new fuse but my Cap is still not showing any charge. That's the first thing that the battery line hits so I'm thinking that either something is wrong with the capacitor's ground connection or the capacitor itself went bad somehow. Is that sound reasoning?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts