Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, 91 g20, standard.

Whenever i am going in reverse there is a loud sound.. i think it would be metal on metal coming from the rear portion of the vehicle. When i bought the car they said the rear brakes were at 30%... that was 2-3 months ago maybe.

I am thinking its the brake pads needing replacing because i am pretty sure my last g20 did the same thing.

Any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i am HOPING its just pads i need to replace. Hopefully the rotors not messed up now.

I will probs take it for new pads in a week

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just had the same problem or even worse. I had a squeal when backing up and some grinding when going forward. For me it was worn pads and mostly a locked caliper that was causing the problems.

With new pads, now I have some squeaks when backing out at first but I assume that is the brakes bedding in.

Rotors aren't that expensive to replace, but really it is a question of how they are. If they are smooth and you don't feel any problems when braking they may be fine even though the mechanic says otherwise. I would not resurface them as it only caused problems for me.
________
PORTE

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coo. thanks dude. I am gonna take it in this coming week here i think.

or i might beg some a mechanic i play soccer with to do it for a thing of beer :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i always post the solution to problems in hopes it benefits others.

It was exactly as i thought... rear brake pads needed to be replaced. Good as new :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts