Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I idle at around 600 rpm. and its been like that for a while does any body elses car do that???? I have a 95 G20

·
Registered
973 Posts
Could you give us some more data, e.g tuneups? timing done?

Some here have or had the same problem. I am one of them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do you also have the problem where the idle dips when you are pressing in the clutch and braking at the same time?

Every so often I get a slightly lower than normal idle at a stop light and then if I am lets say making a turn, I will engage the clutch to get out of gear and at the same time press on the brakes to make the turn. While making the turn, my foot is on the brakes, the clutch is all of the way in and I watch my RPMs drop to like 150-200 then come back up real fast.

Is that a similar problem as to what you are having?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hadrien said:
Do you also have the problem where the idle dips when you are pressing in the clutch and braking at the same time?

Every so often I get a slightly lower than normal idle at a stop light and then if I am lets say making a turn, I will engage the clutch to get out of gear and at the same time press on the brakes to make the turn. While making the turn, my foot is on the brakes, the clutch is all of the way in and I watch my RPMs drop to like 150-200 then come back up real fast.

Is that a similar problem as to what you are having?
Assuming its a manual?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hadrien said:
Opps heh, yeah I was assuming his G20 was a 5sp manual like mine.
Lol, probably is a 5sp. Mine does the same thing as an auto though. :-\

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its auto, the last tune up was at about 80k its at 140k not timing done.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Prim P10 said:
Its auto, the last tune up was at about 80k its at 140k not timing done.
Do a tuneup, and come back and let us know what happened. Very interesting, mine does the same thing.

Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, clean up AAC and ARV, and its all the same. Be careful when cleaning that stuff up.

Cleanup caused a code for the EGR and O2 in my case.

·
Registered
462 Posts
turn the idle up a little? there is little screw that adjust the ideal. turning clockwise your idle goes up! I am assuming you idle at 600 when the car is in Park or N right?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
As stated before, do a general tune up first and set the timing per the factory instructions. It may cure your low idle.

·
Registered
462 Posts
change the plugs and check the resistence on the rest. No need to change wires in these cars unless they are below factory specs. These are not your grandpa's chevy wires that go bad every 30k. They are designed to last the lifetime of the car. Nissan cap and rotor used in infiniti g20 of 94 and above are the type that should not go bad for about 100K. get the original plugs or NGK. they should be about 8-10 a pop. 60K should be about all you can get from the plugs. After you did all that then turn the idle adjustment a little and bingo it is fixed!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts