Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I’m sure others have thought of it, but I haven’t actually seen anything like this… thought I’d share my “Low Rider Ramps” with you guys… The pictures pretty much speak for themselves, but these work freakin awesome.. makes oil changes and getting under the lowered car a breeze… Purchased a 8’ piece of hardwood, some lag bolts, drilled and assembled… PEACE!

Nick

(strategic holes drilled for easy storage. Ha ha!)

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, they have that lip on them, which is smooth, so, when you hit it, it just slides both ramps a little... for saftey... so you can't drive over the edge.. but, it could happen if you don't take it easy I'm sure... you have to be nice n' smooth rollin up on those things... but they're sweet.... :D

·
t3h jdm pinecone
2,259 Posts
That's a really good idea. I wish I would have thought of it before I dished out the $$ for the Takata ramps.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Nice Nick :thumbsup:
I will one day make some of these..

They're $1300 :zoinks:
Some angle iron, treadplate, welder and paint. I bet you could do them for $150.

My mate had some made out of wood about 20 years ago, they were a good 18" high.

These, similar to your idea, are $550 :zoinks:

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hiimj0ne said:
Nick for the win :)
LOL!
markbuts3 said:
Nice Nick

These, similar to your idea, are $550 :zoinks:

Thanks Mark. Yeah these didn't run me anywhere near $550. The ramps them selves were $40 and then like, $8 for the wood and bolts... but those you linked look freakin awesome! I would probably pay $550 for them!!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I've been doing that for a while now... except mine weren't bolted on... one time it shot out and got stuck under the rear wheel... too much powaaaaaaaa!

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
How about these for $460 then Nick..(removable slope part)

Or these monsters for $1500.

Then jack the back up and fit the support poles..

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gomd3 said:
I've been doing that for a while now... except mine weren't bolted on... one time it shot out and got stuck under the rear wheel... too much powaaaaaaaa!
yeah that's where the bolts come in handy, keeps everything together when rolling up... :D

merlin said:
yeah this is a great idea. It's good even for non-lowered cars, most ramps are just too steep for the front bumper to clear. Definitely gotta do your idea :smile:

Reminds me of this:
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/mwramps/index.htm
Those are pretty sweet, but I dont' think they store as well as mine! ha ha! Those look heavy and huge! ha ha! :D Cool idea for sure though...

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those are sweet Mark! Would those store up on the garage wall?? :D Those are awesome!!

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
G-ealousy said:
Those are sweet Mark! Would those store up on the garage wall?? :D Those are awesome!!
Lol, they're for restoration projects. The flat end (4') does come off, but the tapered section is a bit large to be wall mounted.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
damn, those ramps are sweet. I need to pick me up some kind of ramp 'cause only half of my damn chest fits under my car when I try to work on it. I hate being fat.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Ugly said:
damn, those ramps are sweet. I need to pick me up some kind of ramp 'cause only half of my damn chest fits under my car when I try to work on it. I hate being fat.
kekekekekekke me too.

BTW Nick, what happened to your Superleggeras? or just winter wheels?

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
P11Gdub said:
.. or just winter wheels?
Exactly bro. :D Can't rock those in the snow, first curb I came up on in ice weather, they would get toasted! Especially with those Direzza's on them... strictly summer rubber, and I did that on purpose, so I would have NO choice but to swap them out in the winter.... :D You can see the 'legs sitting there by my tools! Right next to ol' KÖNIG Diva's... :D

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
gotta do this this weekend :)

What kind of wood did you use?
Does it bend at all under the weight of the car?
Did you just take the 8' and cut it in half to 2 4' sections?
Just sand down the edges to get it smooth (or cut with a circ. saw)?
Also any idea roughly how tall your ramps are at the highest point?

Thanks!

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
gotta do this this weekend :)

What kind of wood did you use?
Does it bend at all under the weight of the car?
Did you just take the 8' and cut it in half to 2 4' sections?
Just sand down the edges to get it smooth (or cut with a circ. saw)?
Also any idea roughly how tall your ramps are at the highest point?

Thanks!
lol i think youre thinking too hard about this :p
surprisingly woods pretty strong. you dont have to cut the bottom to sit flush with the ground, although its prettier, and then theres no bump, but really you can almost get away just putting a piece of wood or 2 in front of the ramp (i have the same ramps)

any way you get your car on these ramps though, theyre nice to have =)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts