Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years I return back to this forum with some new plans.

I have had an P11 with VE doing approx. 190 bhp which was fun to drive.
Now I will have an P11 with a highport SR20 (125 bhp) engine which ran 111 miles and had decent maintenance.

Goal 1: reach 180 to 200 bhp MAX
Goal 2: keep the highport as stock as possible

Could you guys help me in the right direction?
Should be a low boost setup as you can imagine.

I wonder what should be done and bought for the most simple turbo setup you can think off.
I dont want to have more than 200 bhp.

I just want driveability and realibility :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
After many years I return back to this forum with some new plans.

I have had an P11 with VE doing approx. 190 bhp which was fun to drive.
Now I will have an P11 with a highport SR20 (125 bhp) engine which ran 111 miles and had decent maintenance.

Goal 1: reach 180 to 200 bhp MAX
Goal 2: keep the highport as stock as possible

Could you guys help me in the right direction?
Should be a low boost setup as you can imagine.

I wonder what should be done and bought for the most simple turbo setup you can think off.
I dont want to have more than 200 bhp.

I just want driveability and realibility :)

You have a P11 w/ an engine swap and it's an older high port? That's odd. 180-200WHP in a P11 is peppy but not all that fast as you probably know. Since its got 500lbs or so on the B13 SE-R.. sounds like a T25 to me at 10PSI.. w/ JWT S3 cams (best turbo cam) a 3" exhaust w/ straight thru muffler, remove the cat, remove P/S and A/C, underdrive water pump pulley, light flywheel, a couple prothane mounts, injectors, a Walbro 255LPH, and most importantly a good ECU tune... JWT could do it.. and anything else you could go without that weighs that chassis down.. ABS unless you like it...

Except for the cams, which aren't NEEDED, but will make a nice difference, and the injectors, the highport can stay stock..

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have a P11 w/ an engine swap and it's an older high port? That's odd. 180-200WHP in a P11 is peppy but not all that fast as you probably know. Since its got 500lbs or so on the B13 SE-R.. sounds like a T25 to me at 10PSI.. w/ JWT S3 cams (best turbo cam) a 3" exhaust w/ straight thru muffler, remove the cat, remove P/S and A/C, underdrive water pump pulley, light flywheel, a couple prothane mounts, injectors, a Walbro 255LPH, and most importantly a good ECU tune... JWT could do it.. and anything else you could go without that weighs that chassis down.. ABS unless you like it...

Except for the cams, which aren't NEEDED, but will make a nice difference, and the injectors, the highport can stay stock..
Thnx for your info.

Yes it's uncommon but it has a history.
Years ago I sold my P11VE trackcar.
My brothers started a P10 project. He managed to buy my P11VE.
He will pull the VE and use it in his P10.

As a gesture he will drop the highport SR20 in my P11 and donates the car back.

·
Registered
920 Posts
On a totally stock DE with 3" exhaust and Avenir BB T25 or T28 2560/2860 9psi will get you exactly 200 whp. I hit 198 whp on 8.9 psi with conservative timing 93 oct gas. Stock 99' DE, Stock cams,3" exhaust, 3" Cat, 3" straight through muff, AEM FIC6.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I just used a stock ECU and AEM FIC6. 9psi is very easy to tune.

·
Registered
920 Posts
The avenir DET is a very nice setup. If you use the avenir ecu and stock 370cc injectors you'll be good. The stock DE lowport uses something like 259cc sidefeeds so you would have to get bigger injectors and use the FIC6 to recalculate them.

Edit: we used a Avenir DET on my brothers first build and hit 365WHP with a GTX3071r turbo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts