Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently lowered my P11 primera down a bit more with coilovers. I had it at a low height before where there would be a finger gap between the tyre and guard the front of the car. Now ive lowered it another 20mm so the tyre is tucked into the guard and it has devolped a noise from the right front. Sounds like a cv joint type noise. Can hear it alot at low speed, its a slight metalic turning noise. Nothing is rubbing at all. Would this be a bad CV joint or axle? Car was fine on the slightly higher height. Would replacing the CV and axle fix this noise or would it just start doing it again. Anyone else had issues when going very low?
Cheers
Andrew

·
Registered
86 Posts
Your car is too low. We're running 225/45/15's on our P10 racecar and have about half an inch of fender gap. And believe me when I say that the axles were not happy. It was so bad that both inner boots were pulled right off.

Take a look at the angle that you're axles are in at its current ride height and it will become obvious to you why it is that they are making noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts