Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if any one ever thought or ever saw custom Lexus GS 400 front headlights on a p11/g20.:bandit:

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i never saw it never wanted to see it but if i do i'll let you know
pic of gs 4

pic of g headlight

i've seen gs4 swap on civic and i didnt like it the headlight is humongous if just the clearence light was swapped then maybe but the big headlight is way to big the g would look really funny

just my opinion

casual

·
Registered
470 Posts
I must agree with Casual the GS has huge headlights. If you were to put that onto a g20...dang it would look freakin retarded.

Look that the size of the GS compared to the G20...huge size difference in the car that makes up for the huge ass headlights...

The taillights are the same thing...way too big.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 more

thanxs for the info what lights can you tell me that you have seen that are similar and smaller

·
Registered
470 Posts
I mean I guess you could do the day time driving lights (the smaller oval) but just double those

Umm the new C-class headlights aren't too huge.

i guess you might be able to do something with the 3 series headlights.....

just a car that is around the same size as the g20. You figure the headlights are already done so that they fit the size wise of the car...so if the car is g20 size it should be ok. Did that make any sense????

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
the suggestions chekmi game might work but as far as what i've seen online done so far only have been the morette style headlights for p10 and skyline headlight for p10 NZ spec/jp spec headlights dual chamber ones look nice and and to telll you the truth thats about all i ever saw some people just put decal headlight cover to make theiir own shape and etc..

casual

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Considering you have a stock P11, I think you would be much better off putting money into something else than customizing your headlights. Afterall, any type of customizing, especially from another vehicle will not only be costly, but also lots of work. You are better off using your money on something else, because like cas said, I haven't seen or know of anyone that has totally altered their P11 lights, except for the NZ/JSPEC lights, which even those require lots of work.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
yeah but I dont think that decal headlight cover thing looks too good at all--It gives your car a cheap look.....

It really is too bad they dont make much more options for you guyz--SHI* Im surprised we Sentras got this many (crystal clear, Projectors, Halos, etc.....)

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
damn sentra's ! lol
:evil:
thats ok though.. you know what i just thought of since our car has been discontinued thats prob pretty much the end of hope of more parts coming out for our ride so we are left to rely on scraps thats ok though! MP i've heard somenone from ohio was trying to take the pojectors from sentra and put it in the g headlight but i dont know what ever happened

casual
:smoke:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

thanxs for the input im going to listen to what atomic8 said i have a couple of things just need a little more i have intake cat back exhuast fuel pres regulator and still have mor mods

·
Registered
80 Posts
another thought...

I was checkin out that madmods website that someone posted here on the forum... They took the actual trunk lid of a lexus IS 300 and put it on a jetta. That was hella tite i think. Do you think it would be possible to do that to a p11? And in an honest opinion, how much would the custom job and paint run about? YOu think its worth it?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
It's possible yes. It's not worth it, no. If you wanted an IS300 rear, why didn't you get an IS300? I hear the people at Bob Baker Lexus are more friendly than Discover Infiniti anyways.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Custom trunk job with an IS300 Trunk Lid would be pretty damn expensive considering you'd have to cut away at the g20 frame to make the trunk lid fit.

Don't do it...not worth it . I like the g20's ass anyways.

Like Atomic said...better off spending your money else where other than customizing headlights...Get like Philips HIDs or wingswest lip or something.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
doubt id ever do it :p i was just wonderin what you guys thot. I didnt get the IS300 cuz it costs a lot more than my g20. I am just a college student, so i didnt have the money for a lexus. hehe :) The reason i would want the trunk lid, is cuz i like when cars have other parts on em... makes you wonder what type of car it is... I love lookin at a fixed up car, and being hella confused to what type the actual car is. Like if i saw that jetta that madmods fixed up, i would have no idea. I just think i would be cool to have the IS lights on the g20. you would get a lot of dumbfounded looks driving down the street. Especially if it was totally clean, no emblems or anything. Yes it would cost a pretty dollar... and i prolly would never do it... but its a thought :-D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Chekmi21 said:
Custom trunk job with an IS300 Trunk Lid would be pretty damn expensive considering you'd have to cut away at the g20 frame to make the trunk lid fit.

Don't do it...not worth it . I like the g20's ass anyways.

Like Atomic said...better off spending your money else where other than customizing headlights...Get like Philips HIDs or wingswest lip or something.....

haha... funny thing... the ass of the g20 is one of the only things i DONT like about how our car looks. :) oh well... to each his own! Thanks for the feedback tho guys.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I think the problem with the rear of the G20 is that the stock bumper sticks out too much. The trunk area is flat and then you got this bumper sticking out. It just doesn't look flush. Of course, they had to do this because of safety reasons.

Anything is possible to customize if you have the money and time. The problem with customizing is.. you take a risk. Either it will look good or it won't and you'll only find out AFTER you've done it usually. So if you customize that lexus trunk area on to a G20, which it is possible (but like many said, not worth it), it might look good or it might look stupid. What if it does look stupid? All that money and time pretty much went down the tube :).

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah, the thread was posted wrong...shouldhave been GS lights instead of LS. What about the sylvia (240SX se) lights. Those are tight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts