Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight at about 1:30 am I flipped my acura legend twice after hitting a guard rail and also hitting two trees. I can't say that I am greatful to be alive becuase after viewing the car I very well realized I deserved to be dead. I thank God that no one else was with me or around me, for they surley would have felt the ramaficaitions of my careless actions. I came off the exit way too fast after I was distracted by some recent events I was thinking about. There was no reason for me to be traveling how I was and I felt the punishement of it.

I thank God, and my passed friend Hashem that I am still alive. As I was entering the accident, I could only move my head to view my passenger side and I swear I saw my friend Hashem staring right back at me. No words were exchanged, just the gleaming stare of his eyes, and it was his silence that made me belive I would live.

Fortunatly (and undeservingly) I walked away with only scratches on my wrist from the canvas airbag. I crawled out of my sunroof through thorn bushes and the other debris that lay on the ground. The car is totaled, with not a single body panel able to be spared.

Its is through my careless actions that I learned the value of life. It is with the greatest part of my heart I hope no other person needs to experience such a tramatic situation to realize how important, special. and wonderful life truely is. If I haden't had my seatbelt on I would be thinking these thoughts from a grave. Please drive carefully, and always wear your seatbelt.

By no means am I looking for sympathy from anyone, this is my own fault. I pray that this close call is a lesson to all others that speed is only a game that you will lose. Its unfortunate its taken so much for me to realize this, yet at the same time I am greatful for what it has taught me.

You all are family, and as family I wish safety and well being upon all. I apologize to the beings above for my stupidity and assure you all it will never happen again. Please be safe, it is the only prevention against near death and deathly experiences such as these.

Thank you all,
Dre.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Damn man that sucks! I so happy you okay, this will make me slow down for sure. Life is precious... Glad ur okay!

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
felt kind of eerie as i was reading the part about your friend because i was trying to imagine it, but im very grad youre safe. i think you should still go to the doctors to get checked out, regardless of what you can see or not as pain can occure months after the accident and could be pretty passive.

thats one hell of a strong chassis to have kept you safe and sound. pics? im just curious what 2 flips and a guardrail looks like...

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I get around to going back to the car I'll take pics. Thank you for the kind words, although they are undeserving. I am so thankful to be able to type on the board.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
We all do stupid things Dre, luckily yours didn't injure any innocent people as you would have had to live with that for the rest of your life, I can't imagine the guilt I'd feel if I was responsible for the injury or worse to someone else.

You lived and you're grateful for that. Life is all about having experiences good and bad and learning from those experiences. You've learnt and your posting on here is probably going to save someone else from having to learn the hard way.

Be safe and have some good experiences :)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
glad youre ok man, we all know acuras cant turn haha
sorry corny humor

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
dre, glad your alright and alive man. like others have said, im super super happy your alright, and your outlook about the situationis a good one. we all learn things the hard way(sadly) and sometimes even when told we still do things till we learn it hard for ourselves.

i often speed or drive wrecklessly when emotions get the best of me. but not now. i hope others take your word as well.

i am really super happy your ok, and i wish you the best in your recovery. Ps: do get checked out, you may not feel pain now, but there might be something messed up.

·
Registered
20,791 Posts
Everyone learns for thier mistakes. The worst part of getting in an accident like this is it was completely unnecessary, and the entire time its happening you can't think anything else other than, ah crap, I can't undo this!

I spun a 2nd gen legend off the road into a ditch upside down into the trees. $32k and 6 weeks in the shop to get it back into shape, still had intermittent electrical problems the rest of the time we had it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dude, you deserve to be alive... stop saying that...

You just learned a life lesson, and its a good thing, now you can take the time and teach some of these wreckless newb driving fools a thing or two about driving too aggresively.

Take care and heal up good... physically and mentally. Let the accident teach you but don't let it limit you when getting into your other car.

Peace :)

·
Administrator
5,852 Posts
Wow Dre, I can understand where your comming from on this.. I'm relieved your alright bro, and while the situation seems gray, you have taken to the good of the situation. Take your chin up man, and we all make mistakes, this is just a learning experience, and as you said someone was looking out for you.

- Jon

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Whoa Dre! Sorry to hear about the accident man, im glad you are safe and sound. Good car if you went through all that and were unharmed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sometimes a lesson best learned, hurts the most. Glad to hear you walked away with only minor physical injuries. The mental trauma will also heal in time. Go a little easier on yourself though man :)

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Dre,

First, I am glad to hear you are okay. The accident truly sounds like a haunting experience and you were able to survive it. You mention God frequently in the post so I will add that it is my belief that indeed God saved you on this day. It is good to be reminded how fragile our lives are and that we are not invincible. Sometimes the reminders are small and other times they hit us hard. I recently had the experience of hitting a pedestrian, and although it wasn't my fault, I went thru some of the feelings you are going through. You were given a hard reminder - very hard. But I see at as guidance from God.

Second, don't beat yourself over the head about it. There is no question you were careless but you have learned a very important lesson, both in life and in driving. We tend to take things for granted. We get angry because someone merges in front of us without signaling, or drives real slow and carefully. We yell, scream, and point fingers at people and race to overtake them. Most of us do this everyday. But very few of us ever think of just letting the person in, or saying its not worth it. I remember after 9/11 here in NY people were totally changed. Everyone was driving leaving two car lengths between them. People were signaling and merging and the other drivers would actually slow down instead of speed up and pass the merging car. People would wave thanks. All this because we suddenly realized how important life is and that these little nice things we do, although little, are far from meaningless. Boy was that short lived. I hope everyone here can take lesson from this.

Basically what I'm saying is that you have been given a chance to live, with the reminder that in an instant that can be taken away. Take it as guidance and don't beat yourself down about it, but change yourself for the better. And through your experience hopefully others can learn without having to experience this themselves.

Hammad

1 - 20 of 45 Posts