Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Also, OP - what are your impressions of the Neo Gen tires?

I just got a brand new set myself a few months ago on my P11 - 205/50/15 size on the OEM rims. My feelings are mixed, but they were a good price and had a rebate. Just wondering what you think of them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
WHOA... is there a write up on here somewhere about changing those 2 cabin filters.. that pic scared me, lol. I want to do it too
yessir i followed the guide here: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?17719-How-To-Changing-the-P11-In-Cabin-Air-Filter

Also, OP - what are your impressions of the Neo Gen tires?

I just got a brand new set myself a few months ago on my P11 - 205/50/15 size on the OEM rims. My feelings are mixed, but they were a good price and had a rebate. Just wondering what you think of them.
i think they're great, so far i've put about 4k miles on them. they grip pretty well and are surprisingly good in the snow. no complaints from me! they were pretty cheap for me too at the time, which helps. i have the same size on 16" wheels.

·
Registered
86 Posts
yessir i followed the guide here: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?17719-How-To-Changing-the-P11-In-Cabin-Air-Filter

i think they're great, so far i've put about 4k miles on them. they grip pretty well and are surprisingly good in the snow. no complaints from me! they were pretty cheap for me too at the time, which helps. i have the same size on 16" wheels.

Cool! Thanks for the link. So in regards to the tires, I've noticed they are good for getting 60ft times down, but they don't give much warning when they're going to give out. Most squeal and let you know they're about to lose it, but the Neo Gens do that very little I've found. Not sure if that's good or bad. I've only had them to the limit a couple of times and I was really pushing the car so that's good. Also good in the limited amount of times I've driven in the rain (I only drive it in nice weather) -

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Cool! Thanks for the link. So in regards to the tires, I've noticed they are good for getting 60ft times down, but they don't give much warning when they're going to give out. Most squeal and let you know they're about to lose it, but the Neo Gens do that very little I've found. Not sure if that's good or bad. I've only had them to the limit a couple of times and I was really pushing the car so that's good. Also good in the limited amount of times I've driven in the rain (I only drive it in nice weather) -
i haven't really been able to push them to their limit yet so i can't give any feedback on that. they've been good for me though for dailying and taking off-ramps fast lol. i'll push them a little more when it gets warmer here and dryer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey man, so I replaced the two cabin air filters in my P11 as well (thanks to you). I wrote up a bit of it in the "what did you do to your G20 today" thread. In short, here's a photo of the old vs. new filter:

YIKES! Well my old ones weren't as bad as yours were, but I do think at one point in this car's lifetime they were replaced because they said "made in China" on them - but very glad I changed them and the process was easy; air seems fresher that comes in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
good stuff! yeah mine were pretty bad, probably the original filters. glad it worked out for you!

also i should note about my car now.. since changing the rear calipers my gas mileage went up from ~22mpg to about 27.5mpg. huge difference! probably a combination of that plus the IACV code going away and idling normally now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
good stuff! yeah mine were pretty bad, probably the original filters. glad it worked out for you!

also i should note about my car now.. since changing the rear calipers my gas mileage went up from ~22mpg to about 27.5mpg. huge difference! probably a combination of that plus the IACV code going away and idling normally now. :thumbsup:
Wow. So one or both of the rear calipers were dragging?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
did a couple more maintenance things lately. had to replace the starter which at first was a pain in the ass. then i removed that vertical bar behind/under the intake manifold and basically tossed it since it literally does nothing. then the starter came out & installed really easily/quickly.

also did front brake pads and rotors. had the wheels off to get them rebalanced and saw the rotors looking pretty bad, pads were really worn down so i figured it was time. used coated centric rotors and power stop pads (same as the rear). really easy to do.

still running really well for now. i plan to do a full detail job very soon since the weather is starting to be really nice out.

bonus pic with my g35!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have had tecnhafits for years on my upside down bathtub B14. Worked great until a sleeve allowed rubbing and chewed through the line. I bought a set of better fitting Goodridge lines. So far, another half a decade down, no rubbing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have had tecnhafits for years on my upside down bathtub B14. Worked great until a sleeve allowed rubbing and chewed through the line. I bought a set of better fitting Goodridge lines. So far, another half a decade down, no rubbing.
no problems with mine so far, i'll keep that in mind though. was it on the fronts where they clip on to the spindle?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
not much going on with the g20 lately, had to do a bunch of maintenance to the g35 and been working on my 240.

i did replace the stock pedal pads & shitty pedal covers that came on the car with some g35/350z sport aluminum ones. it was pretty straightforward- the brake/clutch pads were a pain in the ass at first. clutch pedal took me about an hour, brake pedal took 5 mins after the learning curve.

the gas pedal needed some slight modifications to work. the bushing that the rod slides into needs to be drilled out to 10mm (3/8") and i had to notch the rod a tiny bit where the clip attaches. the clip also needed to be shaved down slightly on the inside to fit around the rod. went together nice and solid after that.

shitty aftermarket covers over the stockers

also got around to fully detailing this thing. did a wash, ironx spray, clay bar the whole car, full polish with meguiars 105 and foam pad, klasse all in one cleaner, klasse sealant glaze, and some tire clearcoat. did all the door jambs too. got a lot of the swirlies out and it looks soooooo much better now, hopefully will last if i keep it maintained. also threw in some new led bulbs for the parking lights. :thumbsup:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts