Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you here owns an M3 bimmer? Or test drove one for that matter?! I am thinking of trading-in my G20 for an M3.
Any thoughts?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
What year M3? You'd better check the insurance costs before you jump into that. Might be more than you're willing to spend on insurance. Before I bought the G I was looking at getting either a MKIV Supra TT, 3rd gen RX-7 or a 300ZXTT. The insurance costs put me way off!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Off topic but,

I saw a 300zxT yesterday with this HUGE aluminum wing, oh what a travesty....

·
Registered
562 Posts
I test drove an M3 about 2 months ago. They're great, but of course I drove the 2002. It huged the road at 90 MPH. The in-line 6 has great pick-up. So, if your getting a newer year go for it.. if you can afford the insurance.

peace

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point on the insurance! That certainly would change the equation......hmmm....I suspect it's no more than $3000 a year!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Suspisions have a funny way of bitting you i the ass, I'd check first before you get stuck with an M3 and $350+/month insurance costs.

BTW you never mentioned what year you were looking at. The newest model is pretty sweet, but I've heard of some pretty bad problems. The oldest model 89ish is pretty cool, 200hp 4banger. I'm guessing you're looking at a mid-90's M3. Yet another lame example of a sweet detuned car for the NA crowd. :(

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
hehe, insurance, the downfall of all nice sports cars. My dad has a 300zxtt and if i were to be teh primary driver my insurance would go up by around 100 a month hehe. I pay like 130 a month now for my P10 and if i were to drive the 300 instead i think it would be between 225 and 250 a month. Although in just a couple months my rates will go down a little more too :)

As far as the M3, they are seriously nice cars... the inline 6 sounds sick too! =)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well well well.....the insurance doesn't turn out to be a problem after all! It's $180/mth!! That's dirty cheap! Looks like I can afford it after all but I am not going to get it as I do like the G20 and is planning on doing stuffs to it.

Yes the car is truely a gem, which ever way you look at it. Either performance or style, it has both and more! Now that's a sick car! Oh one day...... :)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
G-loads said:
Well well well.....the insurance doesn't turn out to be a problem after all! It's $180/mth!!
Wow! You're like all old and stuff though aren't ya. ;) Guess they don't charge geezers like you a bunch in insurance. Now if only the monthly payments for the M3 were that resonable.

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts