Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a M3 Wings West Rear Spoiler for my p10 on eBay. I got a good deal except it doesn't have any hardware to mount it. I'm not too worried about it but I was wondering how Wings West mounted it. Who has this wing, or another wing that they mounted themselves?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
There should be some bolt holes on the bottom of the spoiler where it should mount. Find bolts and large washers that fit these.

Youll need a couple of drill bits and a hole saw, get one that will be large enough for the washers.

Theres some little plastic thingys that came with the WW spoiler to aid in getting the hole locations right. What you can do since you dont have them..

Find some thin plastic strip about 3/16" - 1/4" wide and about 10"-12" long. Find some kinda stiff plastic tubing that will fit into the mounting holes on the bottom of the spoiler. Find a drill bit that will fit into the inside of the tubing. Cut that tubing about 1/4" long. Super glue it onto the middle of the strip. now drill thru the strip using the hole in the tube as a guide. Make as many of these as you got mounting holes.

Should look like this --> __________[]____________ when you are done.

Now when you go to position your spoiler, place these plastic "tee" shaped things in the mounting holes. Place the spoiler on the car and get it where you want. I highly recommend measuring everything so it fits right. Now take some masking tape and tape down all the little palstic flat pieces that are sticking out from under your spoiler. Take your spoiler off the car and the plastic things should be stuck to your car with the tape.

Now drill piloit holes where the tubing guides are now located. You getting the picture...next take off the plastic gides and drill for the bolt that will go thru.

From here you need acess to those bolt holes, this is where the hole saw comes thru. Eyeball the location of the holes and drill a large gaping hole with the hole saw so you can install the bolt and washer.

Other good things to have...primer to paint the edges of the holes you just drilled so they dont rust. Silicone or some other type of sealant to fill the holes so the water doesnt end up in your trunk. 1/16" or 1/8" black foam material to act as a gasket on the bottom of the spoiler....

Hope this helps...good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts