Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. New here. Dinking with my cars. Noticed two things... MAF on my '99 is really small diameter. My '00 seems bigger but is plastic. Not looking for crazy HP gains. Maybe some cheap 5 - 20 HP gains if possible through a simple swap if it is easy and works. Is there a benefit to going to the plastic MAF in terms of HP and/or mpg improvement? Is there a different bolt on swap from a dif car that works? Plug and play? Trying to keep it simple and not damage my car(s). Thx

·
Registered
19 Posts
There would not be a gain, and im not positive you can swap them without a change to engine mgt. Header, intake, cam's, and catback are the norm still running OE MAF. A real performance upgrade is just cleaning the MAF with Acetone and a tiny brush; spraying cleaner through it doesnt guarantee its clean.

·
Registered
927 Posts
They are two totally different styles and can't be swapped. The 99 and under use a side channel sample and the 00+ up use a slot style that goes in the middle of the air stream like all newer cars. They changed ecu and mapping data for the new roller rocker setup (00+). The 00+ MAF is also the same as the 3.0l maxima maf if you ever need an extra. The good news is both handle blow through very well if you ever boost it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts