Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, In my quest to figure out my shitty MPG and engine stumble at idle (mostly when in Park), I did some some screwing around with the MAF today. When I unhooked the MAF harness, the idle would raise a little and the stumbling would go away. I would get a strong fuel smell when I would do this. I turn the car off, plug it back in and start the car and the stubmle is back. I say stumble- seems like the motor is starving for air. Same result time after time. The dealership did say my MAF was a bit "too hot", so do you think I found my problem? I bought some MAF cleaner and sprayed the element but that did not help. I bought a used MAF from PhatG20 and am going to give it a try when it arrives. Do MAF's go bad like this? I read that they usually will not allow you to rev past 2500 when they fail, but I have no issue with that. I can get to 5-6K every time when revving. The car does not have all its power tho. It is pretty much always giving off a strong fuel smell, MPG's suck ass and I have this "choking" at idle.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I don't have your answer, but take a load of bro. Wait till your used MAF gets in. You deserve a break, and so do I.

Guess what, I took the car to the mechanic, now it cold starts fine.

He didn't even touch it.

Told me to come back when the weather cools down. Suspects coolant temperature sensor. Was also wondering about my ignition (where I put the key being so loose)

I have an new ARV. I'm going to put that on just for the heck of it in the meantime.

Best of luck, and I hope someone has the answer

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It could be your MAF. Mine did something similar when it failed. But it failed to the lean side. I was able to rev past 2500 RPMs, that only happens when the ECU goes to safe mode (ie MAF unplugged). MAFs can do some pretty flaky things when they're failing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts