Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on swapping an Avenir and going the JWT ecu route. I'm under the impression that the ecu/maf should match up. Since I'll have a G20 ecu reprogrammed to a DET, which maf should I use? Avenir? Or do I need to get a Z32 or cobra and have them program the ecu to that? I'm assuming I can't use my stock de ecu. Let me know.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
depending on what program youre getting for it really, but its def gonna be a US maf. Since its a reprogrammed G20 ECU, then its going to be the G20 maf, considering you didnt have them change the maf program.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. So they can program it to just run with the stock de maf then if I don't want to get an upgraded maf (z32, cobra, etc.)? If so, I'll probably just go that route. I just didn't know if they had a program for the de maf or if you were forced to upgrade...

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
stock de maf will let you get by, but dont expect much power out of it.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ERIKbronx said:
Or buy my bored out 53.5mm stock maf from me, for added hp.

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58607
Yes...that's a possibility. Does JWT have a program for a bored out stock MAF though? It seems like it might be kind of hit or miss depending on how precise it was bored...

Or do they just program the ecu for a stock maf and this gives you some added safety/headroom?

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
The 4 bar program is for stock 370cc injectors. The Cobra MAF is good up to ~350whp. Not sure what the bored stocker is good for (maybe 300 whp?). All you'd need to do is buy the MAF, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and let JWT know in advance so you pay for programming once instead of a second time if you upgrade.

Then you can run whatever boost you want, even stock, right from the start.

- Greg -

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Yep, JWT can and will take car of all that. All you have to do is let them know your setup, whether its the Cobra maf, or the Bored maf. Their tune the ecu's so u have room for error and minor adjustments etc.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for the info Greg. Erik - let me figure out what I wanna do. I may take you up on that, because I don't plan on ever going higher than 250whp. (I know, I know...famous last words, right?)

Edit: So since I'll be going the JWT ecu route where you can't tamper with the tuning, you just adjust the afpr in accordance with the amount of boost you're running? I plan on running stock boost to begin with, but maybe turning it up a bit later. I'd need a boost controller too I assume at that point. Any thoughts on a manual vs. electronic boost controller?

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
Nelson said:
Edit: So since I'll be going the JWT ecu route where you can't tamper with the tuning, you just adjust the afpr in accordance with the amount of boost you're running? I plan on running stock boost to begin with, but maybe turning it up a bit later. I'd need a boost controller too I assume at that point. Any thoughts on a manual vs. electronic boost controller?

No... you tune the base pressure to 3 bar (~43 psi) or 4 bar (~58 psi) depending on what program you are running. The ECU controls the injector pulse automatically based on the signal from the MAF. All you do is adjust your boost controller and the ECU takes care of the rest.

- Greg -

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
you can adjust boost with consideration to the limit of your turbo, injectors maxing out or maf maxing out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts