Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The connector on my MAF is broken. You know that green tab thing that supposed to allow it to "click"? It doesn't..and getting a zip tie around it won't work because it won't hold it tight enough.
Does anyone happen to have the connector? I could rewire it..or should I just use electircal tape?
I cleaned and regrounded the MAF this weekend - seems to be running great but the connector is wiggling and slipping off and it keeps triggering my SES. I check the code and it's 55 everytime. I reset it but any motion wiggles the connector.

One other question..My MAF did not have the screen that I've seen in some of the pictures. Should it?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You will probably have to go to a junk yard to get the part. If you live in north Phoenix, Fred's (23rd Ave north of Deer Valley Rd.) has two or three G20s that would probably have the MAF connector. I was there a couple of weeks ago and got parts.

Good luck.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I doubt the dealer would have just the connector, they'll prob try to sell you the whole harness but all you need is what's called a pigtail (connector plus a few inches of wire). Check some junk yards. The 99s have a different MAF than the 00+ so make sure you get the correct year, and not just "P11" it's also why you don't have the screen.

Mine broke last summer. I was able to pick up a "pigtail" from a fellow member here and splice it on. when you replace it, make sure to solder the wire together. and heat shrink everything. the MAF is too sensitive to just crimp it together.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nissan sales things as small as screw! If you tell them that is what you want not the whole thing, they are required to order that for you. Many times conncectors go bad but not the sensor. It is not uncommon for a sales person to try to tell that connector is not sold by itself and you have to buy both! Just tell them to order it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts