Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 99 G20 from a coworker about 18 months ago. The car had 70k miles on it but she never did any of of the 60k maintenance because she was planning to get a new car. I was in the need for a car after my Accord was totaled so I agreed to buy it around 2k under KBB due to the fact that it needed maintenance.

I had the car inspected and it did not have any problems other than the fact that the mounts needed replacement. Since then I have done a lot of maintenance some of it myself untiI I got busy with work and school.

Maintenance so far:
- Flushed/replaced all fluids
- Regular oil and oil filter changes
- Regular tire alignment and balancing
- News spark plugs and wires
- New distributor rotor
- New 4 brakes
- New 4 tires
- New 4 rotors
- New fuel filter
- New air filter
- New engine mounts
- New belts

I have spent way over 2.5 on it and yesterday I just found that one CV boot is leaking and the other one is cracked. The car has 87k miles on it and the struts are still the original ones!

I am beginning to get frustrated about all the repairs that keep coming up. I was under the impression G20 were reliable cars yet the car still has rough idling, transmission kicks and some sort of road noise that no shop has been able to hear :baffled:

I am considering of getting rid of the car and maybe lease a 2007 G35 sedan. What are your thoughts ?

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
you have spent way over 2.5 on it?? 2.5 what? all the stuff you listed is just normal maintainence

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
yeah I don't see where the problem is. looks like you have done most of the expected maintenance on it, maintenance is part of owning a car and if the previous owner didnt do it then you can expect some catching up. as far as spending $2500 in maintenance over 18 months you got $2000 off KBB so the other $500 would be a normal maintenance cost during a 12- 18 month period. and you can probably expect to do a tranny service, possibly another CV joint depending on how you drive, an alternator, and some ball joints over the next 12 - 18 months. but you will eventually get ahead of the maintenance, and it will be worth it when you dont have a car payment it will pay you back for taking care of it. as far as the idle goes what are the symptoms? fluctuating rpms or just a vibration?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts