Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so this time I didnt move the steering wheel or anything stupid like that. I had a great time on New Years Eve and on the way home I noticed nothing terribly wrong with my car except the noise it has always made. The next day when I had to go to work the car would not start at all. It made a lot of fast clicking noises but wouldnt start. I figured it might be the battery was dead so I bought a new one. The car started but I checked the charge on the battery and it read 12.13 so I knew it wasnt getting a charge. I then bought a new alternator and installed that. To no avail my car is still not charging. I dont know what is wrong. I have checked my connections and they seems to be perfectly fine connection wise. I dont know what is wrong and I dont want to take it to a shop and have them tell me I did something stupid and nothing was wrong to begin with for the alternator or battery. I also broke the tensioner bolt on the braket for the alternator (flipped it around and broke the whole thing when I was tightening it :p) I must get that fixed first but I am wanting input on what might be my problem. Once I get the bolt I will tighten it down and check the current coming from the alternator and see if the alternator I received is faulty or not. I dont belive it is because its brand new but you never know...please any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody has any suggestions? Please guys, I am open to anything that it might be. I dont want to have to pay for the mechanic to find something stupid and cost me way too much money.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I havent had a chance to you at your car, But its sounds Like you may have gotten a bad alternator.... If you can get it over her i have a bolt we can test with and if noting i have a nother alternator we can test with...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If the tensioner bolt is broken is it possible that the belt is slipping?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts