Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Searched and didn't find anything so figured this might be good to post...

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0506scc_handling_cornering/

The new correct link...

http://www.modified.com/tech/0506_sccp_making_it_stick_part_1/index.html

There's actually 7 'parts' to this, each one getting much more in-depth. This one is pretty basic, but still a good read...

Edit: All articles written by Mike Kojima. Although Red Lion of Altimas.net/Nissanclub.com took the time to copy down articles 2-4 as they are not on the web to read from SCC's (Sport Compact Club) website.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd read them all but if you don't feel like reading much, at least read part 3.

Makes me wonder what the ideal drop, in terms of handling, for the g20 is.

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
i've linked these, i'm posting them in word, and making a small bible out of them. mike kojima, you may not read this, but i love you.

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
ZaRPGfreak said:
i've linked these, i'm posting them in word, and making a small bible out of them. mike kojima, you may not read this, but i love you.

I'll second that too. I have some questions about the building of my B11 that I'm watching for solutions too.
I am just awed lately by the amount of extreme knowledge I've been finding on the net. It's pretty much all coming from G.net and SR20 boards. For that I say... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
35 Posts
hmm i dont know whats going but i love my p10 its my first car of course but i also love the p11 they got stuff on that car i wish i had on my car.

·
Administrator
5,872 Posts
hmm i dont know whats going but i love my p10 its my first car of course but i also love the p11 they got stuff on that car i wish i had on my car.
Errr.. Actually I believe its the other way around, besides cosmetics. P10's are alot better for track/suspension/handling usage.

·
Registered
688 Posts
this is one of the best therds ever and i thank all you guys that put this together i have learned alot just by reading it all

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sticky... Sticky... Sticky...

>_>

<_<

Come on, "Making it stick" should be a sticky!

*rimshot*

·
Registered
409 Posts
This should definitely be a sticky, i think i;m goin to steal it and be a hero on another forum I'm on LoL

·
Registered
663 Posts
Errr.. Actually I believe its the other way around, besides cosmetics. P10's are alot better for track/suspension/handling usage.
Naaaah, P11 brakes on a P10 is better, 280mm front and back FTW...

Mike

·
Registered
866 Posts
very useful info, gonna buy that sway bar asap :)

i dont see how having increased preassure in front tyres compared to back decreases understeer though?

i would have thought increase preassure in back, causing less grip causing them to slide out faster, thus having lower preassure in front causing it to turn tighter and decrease understeer.

other than that, great spot on info that everyone wanting to turn better should read.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
^
yup more air in front does not allow any (well actually, a lot less) sidewall flex that causes understeer.
I have some shitty all weather shit tires and when they are low on air in front and i canyon carve i can littery hear and feel the sidewall flex like a mother Fer making me understeer a bit to the outside :(

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Eh, it's more like, if the fronts were properly inflated so there's not any sidewall flex, but the rears were overinflated, going beyond the ideal contact patch, that'd create oversteer, since the rear would slide out easier. Same reversed. If the rears were at the ideal contact patch by virtue of the right inflation, but the fronts weren't either too much or too little, the fronts would be sloppy, and boom, understeer.

Although yeah, (touge w00t!), like auto-x it's best to bump up the tire pressure a bit so you don't roll over onto the sidewalls.

Tire pressure is a big part of it too, but it's a pain in the ass. Gauging how much heat will cause the psi to rise, finding a good balance of how much psi in the fronts and rears given your suspension, then repeated testing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts