Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a auto 2001 Infiniti g20t and a manual 2002 Infiniti G20 sport that I'm taking the manaul swap from. I bought the sport because it had a sr20ve in it but wasn't running and needed to be finished so I bought the project from a friend with the intentions of getting everything I needed from the car to do a 5-speed swap and then later on down the road swap in the ve motor. I have already started my 5-speed swap and I'm using the wiring harness he had for the manual tranny and de motor. All I have left to do is finish bolting the rear motor mount up then installing shift linkage and installing axels and putting the down pipe back together. I have the manual ECU from the 02 G20 I'll be using. I've run into some thing I need to figure out.

The radiator has two smaller hoses that come off the bottom of the radiator. One I remember when to the auto trans and I don't remember if the other came of the tranny too but I'm lost on witch on goes to the manual tranny now and what to do with the other one. The manual tranny has one hose connection point on it but I don't know where that other one goes. Can't seem to find it now that the suns down.

Another question I have is since I'm using a manual harness should I swap the cabin harness as well from the manual donor car I have? I can see there will be a lot of plugs that won't be plugged in and one other cords that use to be connected to the auto shift lever run to the ignition not having that connect will the car start? That's why I'm thinking I'm going to have to swap over the whole under dash harness too.. idk

·
Registered
15 Posts
On the radiator, you can just loop the lower trans lines together, or run them open with all of the trans fluid drained out.
The manual trans doesn't require external cooling, and the radiator lines are not used. You could add an external oil cooler to the trans, but that's only if you are doing autocross or building a 300whp+ streetmachine and want to be extra safe. The manual trans should have an air breather line that hangs near the stock intake / brake master.

Harness side, you could swap out the entire dash harness and gauge cluster, but you might just make your project worse, since thats not a small job. You can wire the auto harness to work with the transmisson, you would just have to splice in the neutral switch and reverse lights. There is a post on here for how to do that and its pretty straight forward. Replacing your engine harness only makes sense if you are changing it and the ECU so that you can run the VE; but I don't recommend that if you have not been wrenching for a long time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts