Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IN the short month or so since I started the string "No JDM for you", I see change being made.

205HP turbocharged Neon (upcoming says SCC, May 2002)

Lancer evolution VII- on sale in U.S. Jan. 2003

The WRX is already here if your into the Fishbowl headlight thing

So, I guess auto maufacturers can no longer deny that the U.S. is a place they CAN market performance products. Don't get me wrong- I doubt I would ever want a Neon turbocharged or not! and I wish the lancer was as nice looking now as it used to be all the previous gen's. Cause I'd buy one!

So I wait and hope for the perfect $20-$30,000 performance car from the factory that looks good (as in not ugly).
Cause blowing a custom setup I CANNOT afford anymore.

Anyone hear of any other cars coming to the US worth speaking of???

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Hmm, there's that Holden something or another from down under that'll come out as a Pontiac GTO here. That might be nice. The Lancer Evo, although not as attractive as previous models looks to be a contender. Hrmmm. Also, the R35 GT-R probably will come here too, seeing as to how it'll be left hand drive. Hmm....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R35 Eh? I haven't heard anything about that. I did hear that the new altima 2.5 engine is supposed to go in one of the skyline models. Maybe that's the one Nissan will offer here. I'm not sure, let me bust out my magazine...
SCC MAy 2002 on pg 63 says "At Tokyo, Nissan focused on the all-new Stagea, Primera and Skyline. Not the GT-R, but the car we'll see as the Infiniti G35."

Maybe some more contenders!!! I say bring em over!!!

Pontiac... Thanks anyways :)x )

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Blueboost said:
R35 Eh? I haven't heard anything about that. I did hear that the new altima 2.5 engine is supposed to go in one of the skyline models. Maybe that's the one Nissan will offer here. I'm not sure, let me bust out my magazine...
SCC MAy 2002 on pg 63 says "At Tokyo, Nissan focused on the all-new Stagea, Primera and Skyline. Not the GT-R, but the car we'll see as the Infiniti G35."

Maybe some more contenders!!! I say bring em over!!!

Pontiac... Thanks anyways :)x )
Okay, first the Pontiac. It's just a name. The brand sucks, the cars are okay. Sunfires = Cavaliers yeah? The Holden whatever is no slouch. The specs are pretty good, and although Pontiacs are horrendous looking, only the front grille will be changed on the Holden. SHOULDN'T look that bad.

The R35 concept was left hand drive, so that really opens up the market...namely Europe and even the U.S....A? Yuuup. The motor probably won't be the Altima engine you're talking about though. The 2.5 Altima has the QR25DE, same on in the SE-R. The engine that'll probably be in it won't even be the RB26DETT. Horror: it'll probably be huge displacement, so we can't brag about how the 2.6L can kill bigger engines anymore... Engine might be a VQ (a la Maxima, new 350ZX, etc.) or maybe even the Q45 engine (VK...I think...)

Check it out at this Nissan enthusiast site: www.freshalloy.com

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:smoke: Good ish...

Alright, alright, show me this pontiac. Do you have a link or something, or you got a mag with some info. Give it up sucka:bandit: I just have to see this. Your funny FFdrifter, cause your like trying to tell me the Pontiac is good but at the same time your carefull. I'm having a good laugh over here (in the not at you but with you way)lol.

As in what SE-R, the new one's?? Are they really 2.5 Liters??? NICE

Never been to FreshAlloy.com. Thanks!! I gotta have that G35 Coupe!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts