Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last 2 weeks ago, I filled my tranny, passenger and front mount with McMaster-Carr 60A Part # 8644K24 for $33.33 and for my rear mount I used prothanes insert mount. I had them installed last Jan 2, 2010 and oh thanks to the SoCal mechanics :) http://www.g20.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1330935&postcount=113 How's the ride? Like it a lot. ;):naughty: Has a bit of vibration but not like you have a busted rear or tranny mount and after a few minutes sitting, you'll like it. Will I go back to OEM? Not anymore, because you can feel the engine pulls better. So, if you want a bit stronger than OEM mount, go 60A.:cruisin:

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
I used 75A when i filled mine...i waited a day or two before even moving them from where I filled them...definitely a great upgrade if you don't want mind extra NVH

·
Registered
83 Posts
Cool. How bad was it before you did the work. Also, if I may ask, what is the value of using McMaster fill for the front and the Prothane inserts for the back mounts?

Where are these Socal mechanics located?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. How bad was it before you did the work. Also, if I may ask, what is the value of using McMaster fill for the front and the Prothane inserts for the back mounts?

Where are these Socal mechanics located?

Vibration was pretty crazy in reverse and in park that's why I went with filled mounts. Front mount has less stress compared to the back so I filled the front and prothanes at the back. But it's up to you whether you want prothanes in front and rear or mix it up. It's a personal preferences. Just PM ------>>> StYx G20, nissan_nx2004 or Anime Gee. They are located here in LA.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, I found them. The reason I ask is because I do get a slight vibration in reverse, I have a feeling its gonna get worse with time. Once in drive its all good though. What prothanes can I use on the p11?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just checking if you still have this installed? Do they last long? Did you remove all of the old rubber or just filled the holes with the original rubber? thanks!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^ yep, i still have them with no problems. No, I didn't take the old rubber out, instead i washed it with soap just to remove the dirt and grease. Then i let it dry before i poured the solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts