Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my co-workers is getting owned by her mechanic, I am almost certain. But I don't know for sure so I need a little help. The long and short of it is:
Firestone improperly installed some spark plugs and one got shot into the hood. She had to have it towed to a mechanic and is being charged $500 for an 11 mi tow, new spark plugs, 1 new spark plug wire and whatever it is they have to do to remove two threads that were shaved off when the spark plug became "dislodged". How much should something like this run? I think the tow was $125 and they are trying to charge her $100 for 1 spark plug wire. Weak.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I say..since they installed it INCORRECTLY they are to blame and should perform any necessary repairs and provide the fee for the tow.

·
Registered
871 Posts
David99G20T said:
I say..since they installed it INCORRECTLY they are to blame and should perform any necessary repairs and provide the fee for the tow.

+1

If you have the reciept and can prove that it was their faulty installation.. make them pay for it. If they refuse... call a lawyer + file a claim with the BBB

I'd rather pay the lawyer's $500 consulting fee (made that price up) than pay for something that was someone else's fuck up.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Firestones suck all over the place.... They cant fucking make lug nuts tight down here.... When i was there getting my rubber a guy with a truck came up and was bitching that his tires were loose, and that happened to my dad years ago at the same freacking place.... thats why i only had them put the tires on my wheels, I got them on the car my damn self..... and they fucking threw my rims around liek they couldnt get chiped or something... I jsut had them powder coated... assholes..... Id say make them pay all the fees and they try to say some crap that its not there fault.... Call a law office... On the spot. She has service recoreds right? thats how you can prove its there screw up....

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
RedCarDash said:
+1

If you have the reciept and can prove that it was their faulty installation.. make them pay for it. If they refuse... call a lawyer + file a claim with the BBB
^^^^ +1!!! Yeah... asshats

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would expect the tow to be $150 max and the repair to be ~$250 and the parts to be ~$50

I would NEVER to to Firestone. They have messed up two of my cars. Sears is better, but they have had problems in the passed.

I would find a 'good' mechanic that tells you the truth and is good at estimating and stick to using them 100% of the time. I have found one and have used him for over seven years... he is in my speed dial and I call him when ever I have a question or problem. He tells me if the job is easy or hard and lets me do the easy stuff. Do I end up paying him a little bit more than another mechanic? Of course... he is worth it. My point is that if you paid this garage a lot of money to fix your car and they will not admit that they charged you on the high side, then you got ripped. But if they admit this and your problem is fixed and they stand behind their work and parts... ok. Make sure you barter with them next time.

·
North Star Fighter
3,216 Posts
it is the responsibility of the mechanic and their empolyer to deal with any mishaps concering their repairs. if they perform a repair, there is normally a policy regarding the duration of that repair. the work order that was put together is required by several governing society's. that work order is a legal piece of tender declaring that it's the shops responsibility to repair the vehicle as signed. should the repair be performed incorrectly, the shop will deal with it at no expense. if they try to pull any fast ones on her, tell her to tell them that she'll call the betterr business bureau, and any other governing agencies concering their business. if they still try to dick her around, tell her to get a lawyer. this is a case she can't lose.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You should have taken the car to infiniti dealer and have firestone pick the tab. Those bastered dont even know use metric or standard wrench for infiniti!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts