Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a sweet 95 G20t 5 speeder with 67,500 miles. Had a mechanic check it out and he said that the clutch was slippling and needing replacing. I am not experiencing any slippage (RPM's racing up when I trounce on it). In addition how do I check to see if clutch needs adjusting. He said that the clutch is hydraulic and cannot be adjusted but if that were so wouldn't there be a clutch fluid cylinder or something like that. Please excuse my total lack of mechanical experience.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I just replaced my clutch on my '96 G20 (quite an easy job) and the car only has 53K on it now. So it is somewhat possible it need's a new clutch, but not likely.

Tell the mechanic to blow it outta his other orifice. What a dumbass. :evil: The clutch is adjustable. The adjustment is done like this. Go here:

http://www.se-r.net/transaxle_clutch/adjust.html

The adjustment is made at the cable right before it connects to the tranny. You will see a threaded section, a nut, then a bracket, etc. The location is right below the relay/fuse box connected to your battery tray.

Loosen the cable and the clutch will grab lower on the pedal (closer to the floor), tighten and it will grab higher on the pedal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
my 2002 feels like it slips when you go from first to second when u stomp on it will that adjustment work for that it has done it since it was new

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
That almost sounds like the disc got glazed or something. If you stomp on it and shift quickly, your clutch should not slip. I would bring it to the dealer and have them check it out. You still have a warranty. Take full advantage of it while you can.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
NismoPC said:
That almost sounds like the disc got glazed or something. If you stomp on it and shift quickly, your clutch should not slip.
The clutch in my SE-R started to slip slightly on the 1-2 shift at 80k miles. I drove it for another 80k miles that way. Never got any worse. Of course, I'm not exactly hard on a clutch either.

BTW, the 95 G20 does not have a hydraulic clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts