Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Id like to buy a 99-2000 G20t (standard with ~90k miles)... is there anything special to check besides normal stuff? Whats a fair price for a car in good condition? Is the maintenance expensive (parts) ? thanks!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
ask when/if the starter was ever replaced.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Look for rear wheelwell rust...and rust around the window trim.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
o2G2o said:
Look for rear wheelwell rust...and rust around the window trim.
Window trim rust for me - just a bit but still...

I would also look at the CV to see how it is holding up.

·
I ♥ Zac Efron!
1,877 Posts
i forget who it was who bought the black p11, then took off the vc and it was like waffle thick oil all up on that.....if theres any way to do that you might wanna give it a shot

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Yeah..I second removing the valve cover. I would have done it, but checked the oil and that looked clean and the owner seemed to have it taken care of. I found some receipts for some maintenance done to it in the glove compartment, so I doubt he did anything wrong to the car.

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE OIL DIPSTICK FOR DIRTY OIL AND COOLANT FOR OIL...sorry for making it all in caps, but that would be one of the first things I check for in a used car. Oil in the coolant can mean a blown headgasket and dirty oil can mean he hasn't kept up with regular maintenance. Also, make sure you check the compression if you know how..I did and it came out with good numbers...the owner even mentioned that he replaced the starter on mine and I didn't even ask :cheese: Good luck!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts