Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- I'm trying to replace the door handles on my 93.5 G20 from plastic to chrome which are found on the later models. The driver's side handle sort of pulls out when I open the door, so I figured I'll replace them all, and hit the junk yard in search of the chrome grill piece too.

- The automatic antenna decided a few years back that it won't retract anymore. How would I go about fixing this? Probably needs a new motor, I haven't heard the little motor whirrling sound when I turn off the radio for a long time...

- Last one... driver's side window won't go down, that probably needs a new motor too. The light in the window switch doesn't light up anymore at night, unlike the passenger's side :-\

If anyone has any links/tips on where I could get parts/installation, I'd appreciate it ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Redlight said:
- I'm trying to replace the door handles on my 93.5 G20 from plastic to chrome which are found on the later models. The driver's side handle sort of pulls out when I open the door, so I figured I'll replace them all, and hit the junk yard in search of the chrome grill piece too.

- The automatic antenna decided a few years back that it won't retract anymore. How would I go about fixing this? Probably needs a new motor, I haven't heard the little motor whirrling sound when I turn off the radio for a long time...

- Last one... driver's side window won't go down, that probably needs a new motor too. The light in the window switch doesn't light up anymore at night, unlike the passenger's side :-\

If anyone has any links/tips on where I could get parts/installation, I'd appreciate it ;)
-Check the classified section for the chrome handles...sometimes they are listed there.
-You should be able to get a new antenna motor from here http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/ you might be able to find a used one somewhere for cheaper tho'.
-There are several threads about window motors in the maintenance section http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=393&highlight=window+motor
Use the search for more ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
As for the window, it's possibly not the motor, but the contacts on the switch and inside the controller box dealie. My driver's side window would occaisonally refuse to go down but after cleaning these contacts it's all better. In addition it doesn't hurt to lube up the window 'tracks', this solved my slow passenger side window.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts