Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so I replaced the fuel injector on my #1 cylinder, which cured my misfire problems. The cars runs great now.

So I disconnected the battery, thinking this would clear my CEL codes. I reconnected the battery, CEL is still on. Then I checked the codes again, and I am still getting 34(#1 misfire), as well as an O2 sensor and knock sensor code. Once I started the car up, the CEL was off. Problem solved, right?

So then I turned the screw again to take it out of diagnostics mode. Except that when I turned it to where it is supposed to stop, I feel a *click*, and the screw keeps turning. Now the screw will turn in either direction, without ever hitting a stopping point. Did I break the screw?

And now my CEL is on again. No idea what to do now. I keep trying to turn it forward, then back, to see if I can get it to go into diagnostics mode, or clear the codes, or something. I disconnected the battery for a half an hour, CEL is still on.

Is it possible to disconnect my ECU, or will that not clear my codes?

Do I need a new ECU now?

Edit: if I do need an ECU, are the highport P10 ECU's interchangeable with mine (both OBDI), or do I need a lowport OBDI version?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump... anyone? Did I break my ECU?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Last year I also over-turned the diagnostic screw on the ECU. I was able to fix it by re-soldering the broken wire that is attached to the screw's housing. I had to take the top cover off of the ECU in order to expose the screw/housing/wires. There is minimal slack in the wires, so there isn't much wire to waste via bad soldering. The ECU screw and unit work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts