Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know who makes an after market mid pipe that would fit a Remus muffler? Do you think you would get better gains than just using a Remus muffler? And would that good sound?
:tired:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does that sound like? I am trying to steer away from the Super Civic BLLAAA sound.

·
Registered
476 Posts
just have the piping custom made, but try to get the mandrel bent piping so that there are no crimps in the b-pipe that'll cause flow restrictions. it's a lil more money, but i think it's worth it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The GReddy MX does NOT have a rice-BLALLAAAAAT sound. It's got a nice deep tone to it, and it's very quiet and well-made. That's why it's about 500 dollars, and rice mufflers (think universal-fit) are about 99-150.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Geddy MX

95_g20_P10 said:
well i havent put it on yet i just ordered it like 2 days ago
Did you get that MX on yet? I'm curious how load the whole system sounds. I put on a Borla SS muffler I got from NismoPC but I'm starting to notice an annoying drone at certain RPM's. I guess that comes from it not being tuned as a system for noiise control with l little restriction. That's why alot of the add-on mufflers sound so loud but the full sytems sound good. I had an HKS system on my 88 Integra and it was perfect. Just a little throatier than stock, a little engine braking rumble and a perfect pitch high rpm tone.

I had a Greddy Evo on an Accord I bought and sounded like CRAP. Way too load. Let me know if the MX system is any better.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am seriously considering the Remus muffler. I hear that it has a really good sound and is easy to slap on. What do you guys think? After that can I upgrade the mid pipe? And where can I get it??

·
Registered
211 Posts
G- Dub96 said:
I am seriously considering the Remus muffler. I hear that it has a really good sound and is easy to slap on. What do you guys think? After that can I upgrade the mid pipe? And where can I get it??

It does have a VERY nice sound and it is very quiet. It is highly recommended by many people on the forum, but as far as 'easy to slap on' I'm not so sure, as the MX, for example, is a full cat-back system, while the Remus needs a custom fabricated midpipe to be a full cat-back. As for price, it's relatively expensive, but you get what you pay for, so it'd be worth it if you want it. I dont know where you could find it, just search the web or something, heh.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
G- Dub96 said:
You may not have to upgrade the mid-pipe. Changing the header would be a better move(that's if you haven't done it already:) )As for the Remus:
http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/Product_Table.asp?CategoryId=305

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see..... What about HP? I know that our cars dont get a lot from upgrading the muffler. But can I expect any HP increase from the Remus?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts