Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anybody has done this...
mix and matched springs?

Example:

front TEIN springs with rear EIBACH springs?
b/c the stech springs aren't low enough in the rear, can you replace them with another aftermarket spring that is lower in the rear?? I'm just curious if anyone has done this or heard this was done? is it kinda weird to say....I'm lowered on TEIN springs in the front and Eibach springs in the rear??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,409 Posts
You just have to make sure the spring rates aren't way off front to back, if they are you could experience some pretty weird handling.

Otherwise yeah, it's possible, just kinda pricey if you have to buy two sets of springs for one car. Coilovers are usually more common, when someone wants to do something like this....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,714 Posts
I had Intrax in the front and B&G in the back. it gave it a real nice look, because my B&G's are pretty low in the rear from my old stereo. the intrax road pretty hard so I got rid of them, but I'm thinking of gettting somthing else low in the front again. I like my wheels like my shirt TUCKED
 

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
Joined
·
13,766 Posts
my H&R springs may be up for sale before the end of summer. you can buy them, then let us know how it handles. if you like, i can post pics of the drop rate on the front and back, on stock shocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,714 Posts
P11Gdub said:
my H&R springs may be up for sale before the end of summer. you can buy them, then let us know how it handles. if you like, i can post pics of the drop rate on the front and back, on stock shocks.
sure lets see the pics
 

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
Joined
·
13,766 Posts
ok there wasn't any parking on the street, but my driveway's not that steep.
H&R sport springs, stock shocks, 17x7 (205/40/17)


front wheel


rear wheel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
I think I'd rather cut the last coil off of the rear of the S.Tech than deal with the expense and risk of buying another set of springs. Especially since you're only talking about aesthetics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,714 Posts
I don't know if it's your parking job, or what, but my car is drastically lower than that, and i think H&R are supposed to be lower than B&G
 

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
Joined
·
13,766 Posts
Ericdd said:
I don't know if it's your parking job, or what, but my car is drastically lower than that, and i think H&R are supposed to be lower than B&G
well these are the H&R sport springs (1.5"-2"), as compared to the race springs (1.75"-2.5"). so now you guys know the difference. this is the first car i've lowered, so i didn't want it to be dumped. but i'll take more shots while parked on a flat surface, and post them tonight. :square:
 

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
Joined
·
13,766 Posts
oh man, your P11 is so clean... no wonder you made MOTM.
i wanted those same rims, in 18" gunmetal. what size tire do you have?
 

·
uruG 02G
Joined
·
7,417 Posts
Thanks brotha! It's really coming along... :) I appreciate it... I'm at work, and a huge thunderstorm is headed this way though as I type. I'm kinda scared. Reporting possible hail up to 1/2"! AH!!

Those tires are 215/40/17's, they're Dunlop Direzza DZ101's :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,714 Posts
P11Gdub said:
well these are the H&R sport springs (1.5"-2"), as compared to the race springs (1.75"-2.5"). so now you guys know the difference. this is the first car i've lowered, so i didn't want it to be dumped. but i'll take more shots while parked on a flat surface, and post them tonight. :square:
Yeah mine are supposed to be 1.5" drop and it looks a hell of a lot lower. My back tires are tucked and my front a just barely under the wells. Maybe Mine settled more who knows :)
 

·
uruG 02G
Joined
·
7,417 Posts
Hmm, your front looks like mine, but your rear is lower it seems... could that be because of your stereo stuff in the trunk maybe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,714 Posts
G-ealousy said:
Hmm, your front looks like mine, but your rear is lower it seems... could that be because of your stereo stuff in the trunk maybe?
well the stereo I have now is pretty light, but the old sytem might of settled the rear a little more.
 

·
uruG 02G
Joined
·
7,417 Posts
Yeah cause you had kinda a big box in there IIRC... whatever it was, I like it. I wish mine would settle a little more...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,714 Posts
I'm actually hoping to get the front down a hair more :)
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top