Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where you can get numbers on G20 production by years? Considering how rare 95-96 Touring 5 speeds seemed to be while I was looking for one the past two months, I was curious about how many were actually produced. Thanks.

FYI: Here's just a few of the reasons I decided on the G20t over another Acura Integra:
1996 Acura Integra SE 4 door (GSR w/ 140Hp motor) with alarm & 60k miles Edmunds PP book: $10, 626.
1996 G20t with 60k miles, PP book: $7870
Difference: $2756
A 100k comparison of the BOTTOM of the line 94 Integra 4 door to the top of the line G20: $5537 vs. $4723.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
I dunno

It would be curious to see full production numbers for all G20's. The g20 is a great car but Infiniti did such a poor job of marketing here in the US. The Primera is much more commonplace elsewhere in the world.

The G20 sort of reminds me of my former Merkur XR4Ti (known as Ford Sierra in Europe).... It was the #1 selling sedan in Europe but barely even known here in the USA because of the really poor marketing job Mercury did in the USA.

Had the G20 be marketed properly, it probably would currently be as common place as the Honda Civic!

..but I guess most G20 owners are happy with the current lesser known status of it!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Re: I dunno

Chris said:
...Had the G20 be marketed properly, it probably would currently be as common place as the Honda Civic!
I agree! I think they should've sold it as the Nissan Primera so it's competitors would be the Civic/Accord and Corolla/Camry. I think it would've done a lot bettter. It probably would've taken some sales from the Sentra and Maxima though.

But I guess Nissan didn't need high Primera sales in the U.S. because it was already doing well in other markets. I think they just brought the G20 to fill the position of low priced, entry-level luxury car for Infiniti. In 1990, what other Nissan would've been better for that?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Re: Re: Model Production numbers

Jordan said:

Just going to let you know that the GS-R has 170 hp. The SE is not a GS-R.
I think he means it has all the same stuff as a GSR but with the 140 hp motor. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Integra SE ...

I was pointing out the SE has everything the GS-R has BUT the 170HP VTEC motor. It has the B18 140HP motor. In this configuration (SE) with leather and alarm, it is the closest comparison car to the G20t. As you can see, the G20t is almost 30% cheaper making it a fantastic bargain.

If anyone looking for a G20 or other cars, a couple good web searches I have found are:

http://www.abracat.com/abracat/search/cars/index.jsp
It is a newspaper classified search engine. Also, has an alert system to e-mail you when a car shows up in their listing.

http://www.autotrader.com/
The biggest and probably the worst.

www.cars.com
A local newspaper search. If it is not on Abracat, then it is probably associated with cars.com.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, Mike

I was slow posting but you hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: I dunno

Chris said:
[B}

The G20 sort of reminds me of my former Merkur XR4Ti (known as Ford Sierra in Europe).... It was the #1 selling sedan in Europe but barely even known here in the USA because of the really poor marketing job Mercury did in the USA.
[/B]
The screw-up Ford made on the Merkur was taking the high power German V-6 out and putting in the high power but horrible reliability 2.3 4 cylinder Turbo. I had a friend with the Sierra when I was in Germany in the mid-80's and that car could run all day long at 120mph+. Remembering that car, I was excited to see the Merkur in the US but thoroughly disappointed with the engine selection. I guess Ford had a million spare 2.3 Turbos to use up since everyone was selecting the V-6 or V-8 in their Mustang / Capri line. The 2.3 Turbo had one last gasp in the Mustang SVO.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
well....

My former 2 Merkur's were a-o.k. enginewise... but many folks shoehorned the v8 in it..

..but comparing reliability to the G20, I'd say the G20 is a much better choice!

...after all, there is a reason it is considered the best reliable used car out there!

....and as long as you get a used one that had good maintenance (proper oil changes at a very minimum), you can get it to easily last past 200K

...my dealership routinely sees over 100K (daily) G20s and often over 200K G20s and even some outrageous ones with over 300K and over 400K!!!

...that SR20De engine was built to last as long as you change the oil!!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Re: well....

Chris said:
...my dealership routinely sees over 100K (daily) G20s and often over 200K G20s and even some outrageous ones with over 300K and over 400K!!!

...that SR20De engine was built to last as long as you change the oil!!!

That's good to hear! I bought my G20 last January with 121k miles...and I've already added 7000 miles on it. :p I do all of the maintainance myself and the engine runs great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts