·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
links to other btcc primera info
]btcc primera 99 specs i found

btcc p11 rollcage specs/pic

Primera Touring Car Photo's

quick question i always write information is it information or imformation? i'm a FOB so excuse me..

Tell me what you gys think of the pics
casual
As for photograph of NISMO festival, Photo by K. Nishikawa!
To tell the truth, this fender being the over fender, is the metal make.

front fender

Rear wheel section

The nail being snapped beautifully, seems that somewhat the fender is expanded.

As for brake rear AP make. They are 2 ポッド for the touring car.

Even unexpectedly? The disk is not ventilated.

Suspension the rear is the completely different thing.

How doing, this is not possible, don't you think?

It is the genuine ケツ. Don't you think? the air valve for jacking-up is feature.

Engine position is low in any case!

Don't you think? also suspension installation position is different completely

It probably is the engine damper?

DIMENSION AND WEIGHT Overall length [ mm ] 4430
Overall width [ mm ] 1715
Overall height [ mm ] 1290
Wheelbase [ mm ] 2632
Track [ mm ] 1500/1514 (front/rear)
Vehicle Weight [ kg ] 975

ENGINE Type SR20DE 2.0-Litre 16 Valve
Configuration 4-cylinder in-line; 16 valves; DOHC and transverse installation

Displacement [ cc ] 1995
MAX POWER [ bhp ] 297 / 8300 rpm
MAX torque [ kg m ] 26.4 / 8000rpm
Lubrication DRY sump

TRANSMISSION Driveline Transverse-mounted 6-speed transmission;
Straight-cut, non-synchromesh and sequential actuation.
Clutch AP carbon triple plate clutch

CHASSIS Front suspension Multi-link racing design with lightweight upper and lower wishbones and cockpit adjustable tubular
Steel anti-roll bar.
Rear suspension MC$pherson struts with lower wishbones constructed
From aerospace-specification steel. Cockpit
Adjustable tubular steel anti-roll bar.
Brakes Hydraulically-assisted dual-circuit system. AP Racing
Calipers at front, with 378mm diameter
Ventilated discs. AP Racing caliper at rear with
280mm diameter solid discs.
Steering Power-assisted and high-ratio rack and pinion.
Wheels Rays Racing 19 inch diameter X 8.2 inch magnesium.
Michelin tyres.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hey cas,nice pics man.Even though that touring car looks like a primera thats where the similarity ends mate.It only shares the bonnet, mirrors,trunk lid and door skins.The rest of it including the shell are one off's.The big damper looking thing sticking out of the bulk head is part of the steering rack.The engine sits that low cos they run a dry sump so they can lower the centre of gravity.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your right about that it definently is nowhere close to the same car we bought lol its there creation ! but yeah the money shot has got to be the engine bay the suspension is insane but i would sell one of my legs for that engine setup j/k
casual

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
975kg vehicle weight what does that translate to pounds?
and damn check out the specs
cockpit adjustable tubular
Steel anti-roll bar.

damn i gotta see this one in person

DOHC and transverse installation
is this what they are talking about when they say the btcc moved the direction of the engine for better exhaust flow

Rear suspension MC$pherson struts with lower wishbones constructed
From aerospace-specification steel.
EXPENSIVE!

Wheels Rays Racing 19 inch diameter X 8.2 inch magnesium
damn magnesium wheels wonder how much those wheigh

by the way damn did you catch a pic of that engine bay holy crap !

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
the pic by my name is my girl she knows i'm online all the time on this forum so she tried to be slick and when i went to work changed my avatar to her pic if i change it back she's going to blah blah blah wahn wahn wine and wine lol no offense to you g20chick but you ladies are kwaaazy

umm you could check this link out you might see more pics of us
link
we will have more pics of the crew of girls around my way at the beach and stuff but just gotta wait to get a digicam back from myboy

damn that car is hot!

casual

·
Registered
20,842 Posts
GT UK said:
Hey cas,nice pics man.Even though that touring car looks like a primera thats where the similarity ends mate.It only shares the bonnet, mirrors,trunk lid and door skins.
I though BTCC rules required that you start with the production body, trim away any unnessicary metal, and weld in a roll cage.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
trbobrk said:
I though BTCC rules required that you start with the production body, trim away any unnessicary metal, and weld in a roll cage.
BTCC rules have changed and evolved over the years, but at the time the Primera won the championship, it started from a production shell (and so did all the other cars in the BTCC).

The shell is so heavily modified, you might as well call it a one-off. IIRC suspension mounting points and steering racks could be moved. The engine could run dry-sump and be relocated in the chassis (by a certain dimension from stock). The front suspension and shock towers are total fabrications. The shell would be totally seam welded.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
casual said:
DOHC and transverse installation
is this what they are talking about when they say the btcc moved the direction of the engine for better exhaust flow
IIRC, the engine is mounted backwards and tilted. This way the intake ports are in front of the engine and the exhaust ports are in the rear. The intake goes straight in and the exhaust goes straight out. It's a wonder why they don't normally mount the engines this way. :-\

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
with our current engine mounts would it be possible to flip it around ? thanks for the explan it makes sense now!
casual

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
casual said:
with our current engine mounts would it be possible to flip it around ? thanks for the explan it makes sense now!
casual
No, but I wish it was! In order to revese our block, you'd have to actually reverse the whole drivetrain including tranny, etc. But I'm sure those works guys have the engineering know-how and budget to make it happen cause that's totally custom...as is their whole car.

I noticed my cousin's girlfriend's 2002 4 cyl Dodge Stratus had the engine mounted this way. I was looking at the engine thinking,"Where the heck are the headers??" Then I figured it out. :p

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Mike.Com said:
IIRC, the engine is mounted backwards and tilted. This way the intake ports are in front of the engine and the exhaust ports are in the rear. The intake goes straight in and the exhaust goes straight out. It's a wonder why they don't normally mount the engines this way. :-\
My understanding is they did something more wild than turning the engine around. They turned the head around. Just the head.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In order to revese our block, you'd have to actually reverse the whole drivetrain including tranny, etc.
take that for an idea.. i guess is they adid this they would prob end up with with a shortened and lighter tranny and shortened exhaust track too not to mention the other imporvements that would be acheived..

now they you guys check out the dampening management system they had on the engine i thought that was a serious peice of work me and a friend of mine had an idea of a car with the engine mounted withing the suspension and within th suspension the engine had shock absorbers on the mounts so it would not be affected by the shocks to the suspension on the car it would be dampened butt damn tose guys seem to have pulled something close to it off

and by the way did you check out the pic of the rear suspension lower part the cage looking reiinforced sway bar and etc.. that looked cool too but it also looked doable what do you think?
casual

1 - 20 of 55 Posts