Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after all the carbon fiber goodness provided by EricDD (door pillars, fog trim accent, door sills and the Impul replica grille that I won't install), it was time to look for more.

I was looking for a great dash kit and found this old thread (http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27528). I saw the kit from JasonB and found the extended kit to be pretty interesting.

Here is the layout:

The kit is awesome: great carbon fiber quality, great 3M adhesive, great packaging and awesome service from Burtman Industries. It takes time and patience to install (hot temperature is essential, so is the hair dryer), but it's damn worth it. You have to make sure the dash is real clean, so use rubbing alcohol (at 99 ¢ a bottle, you should not be afraid to apply it liberally :naughty:).

Heat each pieces with the hair dryer after letting them heat inside the car. A sunny day is essential to make sure the adhesive works well.

It's a great addition to any interior.

Here are the pics (56K warning, bah to late!):

So I guess I can leave Jason's website if any of you wants a custom-made carbon fiber dash kit. He also has a layout for P10.

www.burtmanindustries.com

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
damn, CF galore! and they even got the Homelink control!

the only thing is that kit is only for '00-'02 P11s. the '99 doesn't have the trunk switch on the cluster surround. and for the ash tray kits (shifter surround), the AT and MT versions have the lighter on the left side, not the right.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
looks great, how much did it run you?

damn, CF galore! and they even got the Homelink control!

the only thing is that kit is only for '00-'02 P11s. the '99 doesn't have the trunk switch on the cluster surround. and for the ash tray kits (shifter surround), the AT and MT versions have the lighter on the left side, not the right.
the 99 doesn't have the switch, but there is a spot for it. and they had a few different center trims in the diagram so I'm sure they have the proper one for every car.

·
3 Hole Bumper Guru
4,531 Posts
yeah i talked to him before and was gonna order this but some how he never got back to me about it.

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
I like my cf dash kit. only cost 70 including shiping.fit perfect.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Looks good, very similar to the kit I had.
Not sure about the passenger side airbag cover though. What happens if it goes off?

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Looks good, very similar to the kit I had.
Not sure about the passenger side airbag cover though. What happens if it goes off?
Ahh you dufus, the airbag comes out from the top cover mwahahah :lol::lol::lol:

Ya so how much was it? I was thinking about a similar kit a long time ago, but one with brushed aluminum.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks it's a little excessive?
Props to whoever created the kit though, that would take a lot of molding and roughing in, I guess.

·
Lord Crodz
7,233 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks it's a little excessive?
Props to whoever created the kit though, that would take a lot of molding and roughing in, I guess.
a little excessive, I would have used like half the kit but it does look like a good quality kit and it looks nice!

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Thats a little excessive...also looks kinda stupid since there still is a bit of wood trim still visible...but maybe its just not for me.

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
Yeah, looks like this kit has a few extra pieces from the one i have. after first installing it...i didnt like it, but after 2 days of showing close friends, it had grown on me. i think it was the shine of the clear that i didnt like. my kit had 13 pcs. added to other pieces ive custom made.

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
Thats a little excessive...also looks kinda stupid since there still is a bit of wood trim still visible...but maybe its just not for me.
you gotta paint it black. no other choice.

·
^-*
3,201 Posts
looks tight

some of it looks dumb though

like where the sunroof is and the airbag

but looks nice

to bad i have a tan interior....

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
that looks nice, plus i see that kit gives you a lot of parts :)

what place you got it from??? care to post a link or something

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Ahh you dufus, the airbag comes out from the top cover mwahahah :lol::lol::lol:
Ouch, thats what I get for posting at 5 in the morning.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts