Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1817082393&r=0&t=0

FREE SHIPPING SORRY, I DO NOT HAVE ANY PICTURES OF THIS KIT. "You are bidding on a coolant line bypass kit. This kit includes all the hardware needed (3 total pieces) and FULL instructions to complete the installation! This kit will give a gain of 5-15 hp. The way this mod works is there is a coolant line to and from your factory intake assembly. On a warm day, your coolant can reach temperatures of up to 210*...the hot coolant running throught the intake assembly warms up the air entering the engine and can hinder performance...These temps can reduce ET's by as much as .2seconds. However, with the bypass kit installed, we got a cooler running engine and can gain up to an additional 5-15hp from the mod...even when coolant temps went to 210*. Even if you don't know anything about working on cars, you can install this kit and it will take you about 20 minutes to install. Anyone can do it. If you are worried about your warranty, this kit will take literally 5 minutes to uninstall. This kit comes with instructions, and all parts you will need to complete the install. Please email me at [email protected] with any questions. Thank you and please check out my other auctions. This is free shipping so whatever the auction ends at, that is your total price. I take personal checks, Money orders, cashiers checks and paypal at [email protected]. If sending MO, etc, please send it to: Chad Adams, 386 Stonehill Dr. Valparaiso, IN. 46385

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha thats what i was looking...im like wtf is this? What is he talking about and can you fraud someone like that? Man...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Actually, there may be some truth to this one. I read about these coolant passages recently (SCC, maybe?). Apparently, there are coolant passages in the factory intake on many cars. These are there to prevent freezing when the ambient temp drops too low. If you disconnect these lines it results in a cooler air charge (because there is no hot coolant heating up the intake). You're not supposed to disconnect these lines unless your car is never driven in cold weather. If you do, the throttle linkages (or something. not sure of the details) could freeze.

Now, i only read about this. I don't know where exactly the passages are or how you would go about blocking them off. I'm just letting you guys know that this particular "modification" might not be total BS. Just the same, i'm sure you could read up on this in the FSM and find out where the passages are without spending a dime. Hell, you might even be able to rig up something that would close these passages off in hot weather and open them up in cooler weather.

If anyone researches this, i'm sure we'd all be happy to hear what you find.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
Actually, there may be some truth to this one. I read about these coolant passages recently (SCC, maybe?). Apparently, there are coolant passages in the factory intake on many cars. These are there to prevent freezing when the ambient temp drops too low. If you disconnect these lines it results in a cooler air charge (because there is no hot coolant heating up the intake). You're not supposed to disconnect these lines unless your car is never driven in cold weather. If you do, the throttle linkages (or something. not sure of the details) could freeze.

Now, i only read about this. I don't know where exactly the passages are or how you would go about blocking them off. I'm just letting you guys know that this particular "modification" might not be total BS. Just the same, i'm sure you could read up on this in the FSM and find out where the passages are without spending a dime. Hell, you might even be able to rig up something that would close these passages off in hot weather and open them up in cooler weather.

If anyone researches this, i'm sure we'd all be happy to hear what you find.
I can't disagree or say anything aganist that. But, as rule of thumb, when a person on Ebay has some mod for sale, always check to see his other auctions. Most con artists will have the same exact kit available for other makes/models. In this case, this seller has some coolant bypass kit for EVERY car available, all giving a 5-15hp boost. :confused:Now I ask all of you, do you think this jackass has any idea about the BS he's selling on Ebay?
With NO pics of this kit? :confused:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
I'm not disputing his theory. I've seen it done. The fact that it will net any hp gains is still a mystery. 5-15hp? BS! Paying ANYTHING for this mod? BS! :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
From what i understand, this mod should be pretty simple. If someone has a dyno day planned soon, they could easily see if this mod makes any power. I agree that 5-15hp claims are pretty high, but if this mod could lower the intake temp by 20* (not unrealistic) then i think a 3-4hp increase is possible. If someone who has the FSM could research this, maybe someone else could give it a shot next time they have some dyno time.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Is it just me or is EBAY just full of FUCKING SHIT for our cars. Its all rice and show with no go. Except every now in again some one puts floormats or something useful on there....now that amazes me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts