Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know guys (and ladies), I recently bought a parts listing on ebay not too long ago. It gives almost every part number imaginable.

Im in the process of making this availble on-line. Ive already got a couple of sections up for you to take a look at. Ill eventually have the whole thing up but want to get some feed back before I move too far forward with it.

Are there any sections you all would like to see before others?...Im doing the easy ones first :rolleyes: If so let me know.

From what I figured out, it covers the 99-01 G20. Anyway check it out and tell me what you think.

www.customsteel.com/2001/MyG/ <- Its here, look for the red link.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
You beat me to it! I have the same type of part sheets for both the P11 and P10 but when I scan them they look horrible. :(

Care to scan every page and give to me or Jason to put on the site? ;)

No hard feelings if you want to keep it on yours...

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian: I wouldnt have a problem with scanning them and putting them on disk for you.

Heres the deal, I tried doing that figuering "Oh Ill just make PDF's of the images" well that didnt work, and because their printed on news print the scan looks like $h*t. The best I could do as far as image quality vs. image size is doing them at 150 DPI and 8" wide. This is fully edited to make the images and text pretty clean and reduced to a greyscale image. This produces a pretty good image that is about 1 Meg, per page (16 pages). Sending to print, its about 3 megs, I have a pretty robust printer and I dont know if a home one would take too long or not. But, if you have the space on the server, hey why not!

Anyway, the easiest thing I tried is just editing the images and typing the info in. Its pretty laborous and sucks, but it will be worth it in the end....at least I keep telling myself that.

Id have to mail the disk, my upload speed sucks the big one...anyway let me know.

Here is one for you to test out. Is about 1 meg. Use the save target function. Ill be taking it down once you get it, my server space is pretty valuable, just let me know.

http://www.customsteel.com/2001/MyG/Full Page Test copy.jpg

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Do you guys have any OCR software with your scanners. I think there are some scanners that come with it. Maybe some freeware out there to do OCR on an image? Might be something to look into.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to have some OCR software that really kicked ass, I just dont know what I did with it. Bummer too, because it would come in real handy about now....

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
OK got it... well I'll try doing what you said. I have the same exact pages and the newsprint scans like crap... its all gray, not white. :(

I'll let you know how I make out.

I have the P10 sheets too! ;)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
b-b00gie said:
OK got it... well I'll try doing what you said. I have the same exact pages and the newsprint scans like crap... its all gray, not white. :(
Increase the contrast and adjust the brightness. =)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Yahnoza,

Thanks again for hooking me up with the lights but you forgot to tell me about the different light housings ...lol

I was going nuts trying to use my old wires in the ones that you sent me ... I used my girlfriend finger nail file to grind down the kobs to make it fit and then used vice grips for the wires ...

THEN .. I find your parts list site along wih you mods sections ...lol

URL=http://www.customsteel.com/2001/MyG/]http://www.customsteel.com/2001/MyG/[/URL]

O well live and learn ......[

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Geo said:
Increase the contrast and adjust the brightness. =)
No...no...no...you increase the brightness THEN the contrast...:lol:
If you have photoshop, you can then use the select color range after you turn it to greyscale, clik on a grey area you want gone, set fuzzy to 100 and then delete. It should be pretty clean by then.

poppy_morenito said:
Yahnoza, Thanks again for hooking me up with the lights but you forgot to tell me about the different light housings ...lol I was going nuts trying to use my old wires in the ones that you sent me ... I used my girlfriend finger nail file to grind down the kobs to make it fit and then used vice grips for the wires ...THEN .. I find your parts list site along wih you mods sections ...lol[
I did tell you they were different.
"from email: - Poppy(?) I found them, I also found the light bulb harness from the new ones. They might fit the old amber lenses with some modification. Let me know if you want these too, they come with new bulbs." So there..... :lick:

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Yahnozha said:

I did tell you they were different.
"from email: - Poppy(?) I found them, I also found the light bulb harness from the new ones. They might fit the old amber lenses with some modification. Let me know if you want these too, they come with new bulbs." So there..... :lick:
ooops I stand Corrected ,,, THANKS

The ones you gave me are actually brighter ( more yellow ) than my old one ( more orange ) ... Thanks Again

:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts